Sign in to follow this  

Drz 400sm sled conversion

Haven't seen any videos of a drz in action with a sled kit before.

• Like 1

Those kits require a lot of hp , something the DRZ won't be very exciting at , unless modded extensively , even then there are much better bike to start with . Top speed would probably be 35mph, too slow .

Dude, do you know what 35mph in the snow is like? That's fast.

• Like 1

35 mph is waaaaaay too slow on the snow. Most sleds do 100mph. Cruising speed is 60mph. 35mph would be so boring it hurts. Realistically most people don't even like snow bikes on 450s. Ktm 500 exc is an ideal snow bike.

• Like 1

I know the drz isn't powerful enough compared to other bikes but it's still beat to see someone with a kit on our bike. 1st footage I've ever seen

• Like 4

You put that thing in the mtns and it would just stall out! Cool? I guess.......A bigger hp bike with the kit is cooler in my opinion, considering they can rip that front ski off the ground effortlessly

• Like 1

You put that thing in the mtns and it would just stall out! Cool? I guess.......A bigger hp bike with the kit is cooler in my opinion, considering they can rip that front ski off the ground effortlessly

Exactly you'd have the stop and jet every time you went up or down the mountain.

Exactly you'd have the stop and jet every time you went up or down the mountain.

Nah, just get the Lectron carb, or get an FCR and a Flow Commander 2000.

That said, the DRZ is too heavy with to low HP to become a Snow bike.

• Like 1

Haven't seen any videos of a drz in action with a sled kit before.

That is awesome,  good find,  thanks for sharing!!  35mph is still better then not being able to ride on snow,  im all for it,  thats way cool on a DRZ. 

Might not be the worst with a stroker big bore , the right cams and a 41mm fcr to get as much mid to topend power. Bigger radiators and double fans to keep her cool. Then stay in the flatter areas .

Edited by jjktmrider

Might not be the worst with a stroker big bore , the right cams and a 41mm fcr to get as much mid to topend power. Bigger radiators and double fans to keep her cool. Then stay in the flatter areas .

this was my point lol it'd stall out in the mtns from lack of hp, I'd be fun prob on the flats but then again for how long would it really be that fun if yiu couldn't ride it in the mtns!!?

the guys is on my local forum(or might be another one..whatever) and he like it. (obviously..hehehe)

never driven it or see it ran but I don't think it worth it. 

god the bike seems to struggle. 

Even with my modded engine I don't think the DRZ400 is a good candidate for it.

Edited by maxpat82
  • Like 2

the guys is on my local forum(or might be another one..whatever) and he like it. (obviously..hehehe)

I agree. Just too heavy and under powered for the job. If I ever move out west. I'm adding a ktm 525 or a ktm 2 stroke and buying this kit

never driven it or see it ran but I don't think it worth it. 

god the bike seems to struggle. 

Even with my modded engine I don't think the DRZ400 is a good candidate for it.

I've been looking at these lower cost kits (2moto, RadX, AD Boivin, ...).  

They aren't too bad on the higher HP bikes.  

Then you swap in an expensive track (timbersled or Yeti), EVERYTHING is better.  

More traction, less drag, better cornering, better flotation.  

I'm sure this kits are fun for groomed trails and harder packed snow, not so much for powder.   

Just listening to the motor, it sounds like the gear ratio is too steep (and the rider is shifting too early).  

LOL!!! I can do 35mph (56km/h) in the snow with my studded tires in two feet of powder. Not fast at all.  

With a good wheel balance and some flat ice, I can 78 mph (126km/h) spinning 70lbs of steel and rubber as my tires.

I've been looking at these lower cost kits (2moto, RadX, AD Boivin, ...).

They aren't too bad on the higher HP bikes.

Then you swap in an expensive track (timbersled or Yeti), EVERYTHING is better.

More traction, less drag, better cornering, better flotation.

I'm sure this kits are fun for groomed trails and harder packed snow, not so much for powder.

Just listening to the motor, it sounds like the gear ratio is too steep (and the rider is shifting too early).

LOL!!! I can do 35mph (56km/h) in the snow with my studded tires in two feet of powder. Not fast at all.

With a good wheel balance and some flat ice, I can 78 mph (126km/h) spinning 70lbs of steel and rubber as my tires.

Personally I wouldn't consider anything but timbersled.