Where to buy a Lectron carb?

Thinking about putting a Lectron carb on my 2011 300XC. Who are you guys who have them getting them from? Direct from Lectron, or a 3rd party vendor? Or does anyone have one they want to part with :D

Thanks!

Do it! Worth every penny.

Order direct from Lectron, they are very helpful and know their product. They asked about my bike, location and riding style and they set up the carb. I haven't made any adjustments, my bike runs great!

http://www.lectronfuelsystems.com

Edited by poldies4
  • Like 2

I ordered mine direct from lectron. Literally took 5 minutes to put on the biggest pain was the throttle cable at the throttle tube because I forgot the rubber boot and had to take it all off again. No spooge, seriously easy adjustments and everybody who rides my bike says it absolutely rips. The guys there are awesome and offer great knowledgeable advice over the phone but the carb has been pretty easy so far and no more jetting!

Edited by garce250sx
  • Like 1

I picked up the phone last night and ordered one direct from the number on their website.  They answered and I transacted the order no issue.  Mine will be going on my 2015 TE300 FWIW.  Thinking about starting a thread to share the experience and the results from 900' altitude to 12,500' so members can see/hear an unbiased users perspective.  Not sure if anyone would really care but I would have benefited from a thread like that.  Anyway, there you go - their website is where I went.  Good luck.

Thinking about starting a thread to share the experience and the results from 900' altitude to 12,500' so members can see/hear an unbiased users perspective.  Not sure if anyone would really care but I would have benefited from a thread like that.  

Have had my Beta 300RR up to nearly 11K feet and ran perfectly - My usual haunts are from sea level to 6K feet. Once I got it dialed the only adjustment I make is an occasional 1/8 adjustment to the air screw at major altitude. Mileage is 35 plus mpg.

• Like 1

I bought mine directly from Lectron and they were the best.  The only third party I knew about was Motorsportz but he doesn't sell them anymore.  I absolutely love mine, it has great power throughout and isn't phased by elevation.  The biggest thing that I noticed is that there isn't any spooge and it has great gas mileage.  Don't hesitate, just do it.

• Like 1

Slavens Racing is a nice out fit good technical support I just got a email flyer from them but they just started stocking them. I have been looking in to a Lectron carb for some time now. Looks like a pretty good deal for them right now I think but I haven't really checked around much.

And he makes some helpful videos.

http://slavensracing.com/shop/36mm-lectron-carburetor-for-ktm-husaberg-husqvarna/

1453958917135.jpg

Edited by 30-30

Slavens Racing is a nice out fit good technical support I just got a email flyer from them but they just started stocking them. I have been looking in to a Lectron carb for some time now. Looks like a pretty good deal for them right now I think but I haven't really checked around much.

And he makes some helpful videos.

http://slavensracing.com/shop/36mm-lectron-carburetor-for-ktm-husaberg-husqvarna/

that...

• 2 weeks later...

I just order one through Slavens Racing $450 for everything. I'm I little sticker shocked at the moment especially for a 2004 dirt bike but It will work new models so if I upgraded in the future.

$450 for 36mm carb, longer throttle cable, and the adjuster tool.

• 2 weeks later...

I got mine from Lectron directly and am having trouble with idle and had something weird happen yesterday. Turned the petcock on, bike wouldnt start. Looked at fuel bowl and there is no gas in it. Pull hose off petcock and gas comes out. Replaced hose and turned it back on, no fuel entering fuel bowl. Tisted throttle a few times and on the 5th twist of the throttle fuel fuel pours in. Weird. 

Also having idle issues. 

I got mine from Lectron directly and am having trouble with idle and had something weird happen yesterday. Turned the petcock on, bike wouldnt start. Looked at fuel bowl and there is no gas in it. Pull hose off petcock and gas comes out. Replaced hose and turned it back on, no fuel entering fuel bowl. Tisted throttle a few times and on the 5th twist of the throttle fuel fuel pours in. Weird. 

Also having idle issues. 

Cupla thinks that I found out about Lectrons in the past year.

-The float is attached to a needle valve (just like Keihens) and recently mine was stuck thus not letting fuel into the bowl. Happened just once.

- Metering rod measurement is critical - an eighth of a turn either way can make a difference between running OK and perfect. IMO, they're not plug    

n play. You may have to take a morning/afternoon and get things dialed. David at Lectron gave me the starting point for rod measurement which I 

measured with digital calipers. Using Lectron's special rod adjustment tool (nice to have but not super critical) I made and recorded what adjustments

I made until I got it right.

- This is what drove me bonkers until someone pointed it out: Sometimes when putting the slide back in, the metering rod might not line up and 

go easily into the hole. If it continually hits beside the hole, it will actually push the rod back into the slide slightly and its adjustment will be way off,

it won't idle right and will run crappy. If this happens to the rod, simply pull it back into position with your fingers (no damage has been done), try to

position the rod so it lines up and easily goes into the hole as you insert the slide.

- Lectron carbs require a longer throttle cable than Keheins do. Get the right one.

Edited by dyrtmon
  • Like 2

I just got mine dialed in today on my cr250. Did take some tuning but it was super user friendly and runs soooo smooth. Definitely worth the money not to have to fool with jets. I called lectron today 2 times to conferm I was on track and i got voice mail. I'm not big on leaving messages so I just hung up. About an hour later my phone rings and it was dave. He said "hay seth I saw I missed your call today and just wanted to see if I could help you out with anything " NOW THAT'S CUSTOMER SERVICE witch is very few and far between these days. I'm still not sure how he new my name just from my number. I will buy a lectron again when I'm ready to set up a bike for my son. And to answer the original question I orderd mine directly from lectron.

Edited by ffhm13
  • Like 1

Kelly isn't doing Lectrons any longer? Hmm. The Motorsportz Lectron I have was almost dialled in perfect. I am curious as Kelly spec' the Lectrons a little different and the extra machining helped with fitment.

Anyhow I ride from 500' to 7000' and the Lectron has performed flawlessly. Quick starts, smooth idle and more linear power. No complaints here.

I did have the stuck float once last year. I knew right away as I could see no fuel in the bowl. Tapped on the side and a few wicks of the throttle and it filled. Didn't miss a beat after that.