Sign in to follow this  

Fuel screw issues

My 04 was playing up in the fuel mixture compartment so I put a adjustable fuel screw on,it started first kick,I turned it off and try starting it again but won't start unless I give it a little throttle,I've tried ringing and leaning it out,I've got it at factory 1 and half turns at the moment,anyone know what the problem may be

My 04 was playing up in the fuel mixture compartment so I put a adjustable fuel screw on,it started first kick,I turned it off and try starting it again but won't start unless I give it a little throttle,I've tried ringing and leaning it out,I've got it at factory 1 and half turns at the moment,anyone know what the problem may be

What kind of fuel screw did you get? The best ones are R&D

Ya... <_<  I put an adjustable one (Moose racing products) in my 02' 450.

It "was nice" as I could adjust it when the weather changed dramatically.

while the improvement was noticeable, it also made the engine much,

much harder too start. More so when the motor was cold than warm,

but still it was enough to be annoying and pretty embarrassing as well.

Long story short... it's collecting dust now in a parts bin in the corner !

By my age 🤦  you'd think I'd stop falling for gimmicks like that !

Edited by Lil_Dude

The fuel screw is not set by a particular number of turns. You set it by turning it until you get the highest idle. When the idle becomes to high, turn the idle down and adjust the fuel screw until it stops raising the idle.

The fuel screw is not set by a particular number of turns. You set it by turning it until you get the highest idle. When the idle becomes to high, turn the idle down and adjust the fuel screw until it stops raising the idle.

the highest idle was when it was would all the way in or at rich richness

the highest idle was when it was would all the way in or at rich richness

Same thing with mine, it was best almost bottomed out indicating the need

for a smaller jet, I put the stock one back in it and went back to 2 turns out.

Bike starts every time 2/3 kicks again, 1, 2 tops when it's warm up so... :excuseme:

Yes I adjusted the idle accordingly... I like it  pretty high too help with flameout.

Same thing with mine, it was best almost bottomed out indicating the need

for a smaller jet, I put the stock one back in it and went back to 2 turns out.

Bike starts every time 2/3 kicks again, 1, 2 tops when it's warm up so... :excuseme:

Yes I adjusted the idle accordingly... I like it pretty high too help with flameout.

cheer dude,I'll see how it goes so far but if it keeps playing up I'll change it,the bike runs great just is hard to start