Sign in to follow this  

Newbie Advice

Hi all,

As per my previous posts, I'm new to both the site and the world of enduro bikes. I dived in at the deep end and bought a 2012 2T WR300 Husky... Beginning to wonder if I have bitten off more than I can chew. Contemplating moving to a 07 wr450 or a newer 4stroke 250... 

Any thoughts / opinions / advice? 

Would ye make the switch or stick it out and get to grips with taming the husky...

Cheers,

Dave

Yes a 300 2t is way too much motor for you IMO...250F is a great first bike. If you're doing road riding look into the 450

Just stick with it. You'll get the hang of it. Easy for others to tell you to change bikes when they don't have to spend the money. That's a nice bike. Just take it easy at first. You'll be fine. You'll learn waayyyyy more spending $500 in gas than $2500 on another bike.

Edited by Bron-Yr-Aur

Husky sold today... Didn't even advertise. A friend of mine gave me what I paid for it so the search for a new toy begins

Edited by Dave_Malone
  • Like 1

Husky sold today... Didn't even advertise. A friend of mine gave me what I paid for it so the search for a new toy begins

Congrats on selling the 300.  I was going to recommend keeping it.  My first real dirt bike was a YZ250 two stroke and I kept it for 11 years.  Took some self control and learning throttle control, but I loved that bike.  Wish I still had it. I just picked up a YZ250FX.  Looking forward to riding it and seeing how I like it compared to my YZ 2t. I'm curious to see what you end up with.

Heck of a bike for a first bike....too bad you couldn't have kept it and bought a learner bike like a Honda 230 four stroke or XR 250 four stroke and then got where you (usually fairly fast)outgrew it and graduated to the 300 and sold the learner bike.You also could have put a flywheel weight on the Husky to make it more controllable.If I was serious about having a first bike that was for enduro riding I would want something light and probably something like a Husky 125 with a 144 cc mod and a small flywheel weight. Light is so much fun in off-road situations.

Thanks for your input guys. Purchased my new baby last night.... A 2015 KTM 125sx with only 6 hours on the clock. It's carb has been bored out and already have my eye on a race system for it. Got it for a great price considering it's pretty much a new bike. Will be setting it up for the woods ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1453989737.061595.jpg

• Like 1