Sign in to follow this  

Budget riding gloves

I use 100% and like them, but they are pricey.  For those on a budget these inexpensive work gloves from Harbor Freight would make excellent riding gloves, and they are only $3.99 with a coupon.  I have several pairs at home that I use as work gloves, but IMO they would make a very good riding glove, offer good protection, are not bulky, and velcro at the wrist.  If you need riding gloves and don't have a bunch of money to spend these would serve well.  I wouldn't hesitate to use them if I didn't already have riding gloves. 😉

http://www.harborfreight.com/Mechanics-Gloves-Medium-62434.html?ccdenc=eyJjb2RlIjoiMjA3Nzg2NzUiLCJza3UiOiI2MjQzNCIsImlzIjoiMy45OSIsInByb2R1Y3RfaWQi%0D%0AOiIxMTI4NSJ9%0D%0A&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=0316b&utm_source=1028&cid=mEmail_s1028_c0316b

image_26456.jpg

CJ, I'm like you, I have a pair of mechanix gloves, they fit fine, harbor freight has some really good deals, theres one in north-richland hills, I visit often for a great deal!

I use the same gloves.  I suppose if a guy did rough, gnarly MX and got blisters on his palms, fingers, etc. , a "racing" glove with a seamless palm may be an improvement but it's been a long time since my hands were that "gentle".  I really worked up callouses holding on those incredible Maicos.

• Like 1

I picked these up from Platt during an open house for under 3 dollars.

I think retail was 12.

I have gotten a lot of use out of them.WP_20160123_17_17_53_Pro_zps6fqcfimz.jpg

Too funny... I've been using those for a month or so...

I'm at Harbor Freight so much, I saw them and thought I'd give them a try.

Even at "full retail" ($5.99) they're a deal.

I like them because:

The palm material is thin.

They're gusseted in the brake finger.

Cheap

Look decent

Don't restrict any movement like a thick leather glove

One thing though, the "hook" part of the velcro seems to really pull apart the wristband material... I just use them fastened instead of undoing the velcro....

• Like 1

MX gloves are NOT durable. Wells Lamont leather gloves are durable and provide adequate lever feel. Would I race in them? No, but they're great for off road riding AND provide better protection too if you ride brushy trails. Inexpensive and Available at Costco. :ride:

• Like 1

Hey all!

Looking for a new set of gloves for enduro/off-road riding. My current Rev'IT Dirt gloves are to slippery in wet. Is anybody here using Leatt GPX 5.5 gloves? Can't find any info on them nowhere... Any other recommendations?

Thanks!