Jump to content

Baja Designs KX450F General Discussion

Recommended Posts

Hello KX450F Owners,

 

Bailey here with Baja Designs.  We recognize ThumperTalk as one of the go-to sources for information on the KX450F.  We would like this thread to be a General Discussion area for members and guests to discuss Dual Sport Kits (DSK), Lights, and Lighting Accessories based upon stock and modified charging systems.  Please Post up if you have any questions or comments KX450F related! 

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hello KX450F Owners,
 
Bailey here with Baja Designs.  We recognize ThumperTalk as one of the go-to sources for information on the KX450F.  We would like this thread to be a General Discussion area for members and guests to discuss Dual Sport Kits (DSK), Lights, and Lighting Accessories based upon stock and modified charging systems.  Please Post up if you have any questions or comments KX450F related! 
 
Thanks!
Are you guys still selling the lapaz lights? I'm looking on your website and not seeing anything. Looking for Amber covers and looking to swap out a spot for a driving or flood. Also do you have a cover that snaps over the rock guard?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, V8luvin said:
On 1/22/2016 at 10:50 AM, Baja Designs said:
Hello KX450F Owners,
 
Bailey here with Baja Designs.  We recognize ThumperTalk as one of the go-to sources for information on the KX450F.  We would like this thread to be a General Discussion area for members and guests to discuss Dual Sport Kits (DSK), Lights, and Lighting Accessories based upon stock and modified charging systems.  Please Post up if you have any questions or comments KX450F related! 
 
Thanks!

Read more  

Are you guys still selling the lapaz lights? I'm looking on your website and not seeing anything. Looking for Amber covers and looking to swap out a spot for a driving or flood. Also do you have a cover that snaps over the rock guard?

We are no longer offering the La Paz.  It has since been replaced by the New & Improved LP9

https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/LP9-LED-Auxiliary-Lights.asp

 

We do still have a few components & accessories in-stock.  Please give us a call at 800-422-5292 to check availability 

 

Thanks!

-Baja Designs

www.bajadesigns.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dual Sport Line To Be Discontinued August 1st

After more than 25 years of producing the light that started it all, Baja Designs is discontinuing their line of Dual Sport Kits. Orders for new Dual Sport Kits will be accepted until August 1, 2019; after which Baja Designs will continue to support the product line while components are available, with an anticipated total phase out by Q1 of 2020*. Baja Designs will continue to produce and sell their popular motorcycle LED headlight replacements, however product with a halogen bulb, turn signal, or taillight will be discontinued on said date. 

“It is a bittersweet decision,” expressed Alan Roach, founder of Baja Designs. “I engineered the first Dual Sport Kit in my garage.” While they have seen a slight down-shift in sales of Dual Sport Kits, their LED and Laser light sales have grown exponentially.

Alan%20Roach%20Libya%202004%20mediumjpg.

Baja Designs is still hoping to find someone interested in continuing this product line’s legacy while they shift their commitment to drop-in lighting solutions for dirt bikes, adventure bikes, side by sides, ATVs, overland vehicles, and vehicle specific applications. When Deanne Moore, CEO, was asked how she felt about the decision she voiced, “the line deserves more attention than what Baja Designs can offer right now, but it would be a great business opportunity for a motorcycle enthusiast.”

Baja Designs remains focused on creating leading edge lighting solutions and will continue to design our factory replacement LED and Laser headlight kits for dirt bikes. “Our racing heritage and passion for the off-road industry will guarantee that we continue to develop and deliver the highest performing and superior quality lighting solutions we are known for,” Trent Kirby, COO.

*Replacement part availability will be determined by manufacturer availability and require minimum order quantities

Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I'll ask....what do you have for the 19 KX450? I've heard conflicting reports of how much extra power it outs out and what you can run. Someone said nothing extra.  Any insight?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2019 at 2:53 PM, HONDA65 said:

Ok, I'll ask....what do you have for the 19 KX450? I've heard conflicting reports of how much extra power it outs out and what you can run. Someone said nothing extra.  Any insight?

 

Here are our 2019 KX450 Lighting Kits

https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/Kawasaki-KX450F-Fuel-Injected.asp

 

09-ON has 80W of DC power which allows you 40W for lighting/accessories

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Baja Designs said:

Unfortunately, we discontinued all of our street legal kits. We currently only offer LED headlights for the KX450F. https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/Kawasaki-KX450F-Fuel-Injected.asp

Can I run the light in the link, with the AC option,  for my klx450r?   My bikes never had a charge issue or any electric problems so I wanna leave it stock.( other than my Trail Tech headlight switch) 

 

Edited by kxlubber

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2019 at 3:16 PM, Baja Designs said:

 

Here are our 2019 KX450 Lighting Kits

https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/Kawasaki-KX450F-Fuel-Injected.asp

 

09-ON has 80W of DC power which allows you 40W for lighting/accessories

 

Wow, I totally forgot about this post. Thanks for answering it. I loaned my bike to Trail Tech for their fan install video and I asked them how much extra juice it had and they said about 30w so that's pretty consistent. I made my 17 street legal, might do the same with my 20.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, kxlubber said:

Can I run the light in the link, with the AC option,  for my klx450r?   My bikes never had a charge issue or any electric problems so I wanna leave it stock.( other than my Trail Tech headlight switch) 

 

What year is your bike?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, HONDA65 said:

Wow, I totally forgot about this post. Thanks for answering it. I loaned my bike to Trail Tech for their fan install video and I asked them how much extra juice it had and they said about 30w so that's pretty consistent. I made my 17 street legal, might do the same with my 20.

No worries! Just a note for anyone with a 2019 model, you would use the #611049 harness. Now that it has a battery, it uses a standalone harness. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, kxlubber said:

2009

You can run our universal polisport kit with our Squadron Sport. https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/Squadron-Sport-MC-LED-Race-Light.asp It straps to the forks of the bike with four straps. For this bike, you would need the AC kit. If you do purchase the kit, make sure you reference your bike. As far as wiring, you may need to change out one of the connectors. Do you happen to have a picture of your headlight connector? I can verify what we have here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Baja Designs said:

You can run our universal polisport kit with our Squadron Sport. https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/Squadron-Sport-MC-LED-Race-Light.asp It straps to the forks of the bike with four straps. For this bike, you would need the AC kit. If you do purchase the kit, make sure you reference your bike. As far as wiring, you may need to change out one of the connectors. Do you happen to have a picture of your headlight connector? I can verify what we have here. 

I removed the factory connection in favor of bullet connectors  so I could have a headlight switch with Hi/Lo/off

Edited by kxlubber

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kxlubber said:

I removed the factory connection in favor of bullet connectors  so I could have a headlight switch with Hi/Lo/off

Since the AC kit has the rectifier, you won't be able to dim the Squadron. The only way to dim the light would be through a DC circuit, but the stock charging system on that bike uses a split system. Some AC power that goes to the headlight connector and some DC power that goes through a regulator/rectifier to the battery. You would need to eliminate this and perform a stator modification to where all the power is going through the battery. Which also requires a larger regulator/rectifier. Once that's done, you would need to incorporate a standalone wiring harness that gets powered directly off the battery. This standalone harness would need a dual circuit headlight and a high/low/off switch. By using a resistor, you can then dim the light. We used to make these wiring harnesses but unfortunately discontinued all of it last year. I know this sounds like a huge project but it's the only way to be able to dim the light safely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Baja Designs said:

Since the AC kit has the rectifier, you won't be able to dim the Squadron. The only way to dim the light would be through a DC circuit, but the stock charging system on that bike uses a split system. Some AC power that goes to the headlight connector and some DC power that goes through a regulator/rectifier to the battery. You would need to eliminate this and perform a stator modification to where all the power is going through the battery. Which also requires a larger regulator/rectifier. Once that's done, you would need to incorporate a standalone wiring harness that gets powered directly off the battery. This standalone harness would need a dual circuit headlight and a high/low/off switch. By using a resistor, you can then dim the light. We used to make these wiring harnesses but unfortunately discontinued all of it last year. I know this sounds like a huge project but it's the only way to be able to dim the light safely. 

I really don’t care to dim the BD led.   Problem is the bike comes from the factory on Hi beam and it’s way up in the trees in addition to being a 35w incandescent.  

Thanks for the help! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×
×
  • Create New...