Sign in to follow this  

would this truck tow my T.H?

I have towed trailers, cars, etc for over 50 years.  The vehicle you are looking at has the power and weight to do what you want to do, I used to have one, BUT, those things are gas guzzlers, so get ready for a lot of gas and upkeep expense.  At it's age you will likely have a lot of stuff going wrong. Does it have updated disc brakes?  The old ones weren't that great.  And if the lift wasn't done properly, it may be a wreck waiting to happen. 

• Like 1

Also, I just remembered, the tranny is a poor choice for towing.  It is not a close ratio and there is a big difference between 3rd and 4th gear.  Also, before you buy it, drive it on the highway at 65 to 70 mph and see if you can keep it in one lane without too much effort.

• Like 1

That's a bitchin truck tho, huh? I'm wanting an old truck just to have and fart around in. I.e fishing, riding and maybe tow my trailer once in a while. I know it isn't the best choice for towing, but once in a while, it would work.

That's a bitchin truck tho, huh? I'm wanting an old truck just to have and fart around in. I.e fishing, riding and maybe tow my trailer once in a while. I know it isn't the best choice for towing, but once in a while, it would work.

Definitely an awesome truck. I'd buy it I love those old trucks.

This one would def do the trick! Oh, btw I'm not getting a truck like this for the mileage!  😉 My 2010 Silverado isn't a fuel sipper either. Towing my T.H it gets 8 or 9 mpg. Not towing, it might get 14 or 15 combined 

00m0m_2E7zjaCqmis_600x450.jpg

This ones pretty cool. And a price I could live with. 

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/5417280551.html

01414_l1hvqZ6OywS_600x450.jpg

Edited by phaze250x