Ktm cam chain tensioner?

Does anybody have any information on the newer Ktm enduro bikes regarding the cam chain tensioner? I'm talking like 2014 and newer. Has Ktm switched back to the manual ratcheting tensioner or are they still using the hydraulic system? Thanks!

Does anybody have any information on the newer Ktm enduro bikes regarding the cam chain tensioner? I'm talking like 2014 and newer. Has Ktm switched back to the manual ratcheting tensioner or are they still using the hydraulic system? Thanks!

On the 2012+ 500 YES , its just a mechanical saw tooth ratchet type, works fine, and does not wear the chain or guides , at 13,000 mile 250 hours Ive seen no movement of tensioner.

DRZ has the same design, but much larger and a much stronger spring set up

• Like 1

On 1/22/2016 at 11:53 AM, Bubba303 said:

Brand New ktm 350 xcf 36 hours and chain tensioner doesnt work bougth dirt trick tensioner this is happening allot

You can roll the dice if you want, but the smart move is to upgrade to the DT tensioner.