Sign in to follow this  

AlpineStars boots - do they all fit the same?

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a new pair of boots and the AStars Tech 7's really fit me well.  I was wondering if Tech 5's and Tech 10's are going to fit the same.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.  I'm thinking because the quality of Astar has dropped in recent years, that I would pay the extra and go to the Tech 10's or less and buy the Tech 5's and keep looking for other boots.  

I bought a pair of SG-11's and they don't fit me , but I loved them.  

Thanks!!!

I have some older Tech 10's which IMO fit my foot extremely well and I really like the inner bootie that I can take out and wash or dry. I can also get them re-soled if needed from Alpine Star for $150 and might have to do every 5 years and again well worth the $$$.

IMO I believe that the 10' only have the inner bootie so will fit different than other models.

My 2 cents is that boots are something i buy from a local shop. After going though 2 pairs of cheaper boots in 2 years and now having my Tech 10's for 5 years and I do not see needing to buy new boots again ever,

Go to a shop or shops and try on boots until you find ones that fit you. Once you get into boots regardless of make over about $300 that fit you well, buy them

Edited by filterx

I have always worn alpine stars size 11 tech 5,7,8 and 10 is what I have ridden in with over the past 10 years. Tech 5 and 7 fits me about the same. While the 8 and 10 are a lot stiffer. I guess it's because of the inner bootie. Although the 5 and 7 seems to be more comfortable I like 8 and 10 better. Just because they fit me tighter. I just like the way 10s feel landing off jumps.

• Like 1

Before buying my Sidi Crossfire SRS 2 boots, I was looking at the Alpinestars. The Tech 7's and Tech 8 lites were the most comfortable with the Tech 10's feeling very tight in the ankle area, most likely from the bootie like others mentioned.

Size wise, I was an 8 in the Tech 7 & 8's and a size 9 in the Tech 10's.