Sign in to follow this  

Buying a Suzuki DRZ, is this a good price?

Hello, I have had a DRZ before for a short time but I sold it shortly after buying it as the money had to go else where, it was a K7 with 4000 miles on and I paid 2700 British pounds for it (that was back in November).

So now it's time to get another bike and I would like another DRZ!

I have been looking and one has come up that I like!

It's a 2001 but was first registered in 2007 and was apparently a demo/whatever bike!

It has done 16800 Miles, but at 15000 had a full engine rebuild with receipts from a garage, apparently it had one because of the cam chain becoming noisy, but I thinks it's fairly obvious the engine blew!

Else you would just do a chain and MCCT?

The bike has a custom exhaust, graphics kit, Easton bars, gold supermoto wheels and hubs! And a few added extras.

Had new wheel bearings in 2015 and a few other bits, has got aftermarket brake discs aswel!

It seems nice, the only thing putting me off is that it had a full engine rebuild and I don't know if it's big bore or not, some wouldn't care, but It's just making me hesitate.

The person is strict on his asking price of 2000 British pounds ! And he isn't bothered about selling it hence why!

If you guys could give me your opinions that would be good!

Thanks

Ralph

Edited by Ralph

Anyone?

Sorry, most people on this forum are probably in the US I think. At ~$2800 USD, it sounds like an ok price, also you aren't exactly sure what he did on the rebuild. And I know that bikes in general cost more in Europe, so maybe that's not a bad price. I'd want to know more about what was done to it.

Edited by joey stalin

I went to look at it and decided to give it a miss! I'll keep looking, one will pop up! In the uk a lot of them are rust buckets! Not sure if that's the same in the USA!

Thanks for help people

Edited by Ralph

Thanks for the reply!

And ah okay! I'm going to go and have a look tonight and then have a think.

The bike does have its wear, the are signs of some rust in some places, I will put a link below (doesn't say about rebuild but I spoke to him and he has all the receipts)

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/suzuki-drz400sm-not-ktm-/151957080471?nav=SEARCH

that doesn't look too bad to me...

I know it didn't look to bad but decided to give it a miss, seen a nice 2002 s come up completely standard and low miles!

Looks very clean so going to look at that Tuesday!

• Like 1

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1454090561.200720.jpg

So I picked up a Suzuki DRZ s 2002 completely standard other than a micron slip on.

Comes with sm wheels aswell, and has 9000 miles on the clock!

• Like 2

Thanks, I'm well happy with it [emoji106]

As soon as a new rear tyre is on the sm wheels they will be going on!

Edited by Ralph

Thanks for all the nice replys, going to put a tail tidy on next weekend, and the 3x3 mod using a JD jet kit, and extended fuel screw, I'm thinking for carb setup, 155 main, standard pilot, blue needle on 4th clip and extended screw, also the 135 paj.

Sorry I have gone off topic! [emoji85]

Thanks for all the nice replys, going to put a tail tidy on next weekend, and the 3x3 mod using a JD jet kit, and extended fuel screw, I'm thinking for carb setup, 155 main, standard pilot, blue needle on 4th clip and extended screw, also the 135 paj.

Sorry I have gone off topic! [emoji85]

doesnt sound of topic .. Sounds necessary !
  • Like 2

Well in that case, tail tidy and 3x3 next weekend, then just bought a used yoshi rs3 header, hoping it will fit with the silencer on the bike, paid 60 pound for it so if worst comes to worst I'll just pay a fabricator to make it fit.

I really would like to keep the silencer on as according to the previous owner it has come off a sports bike and been custom made to fit!

Also can anyone recommend a good supermoto rear tyre, currently on is a 160/60/17 maxxis which is buggered.

Sorry I'm a week old newbie to DRZ's and this forum. I'm ifrom Australia and bought a 2011 plated DRZ400e with around 2,000miles (130 hours) and 12 months rego for $4,00 Aud

Hello again, was wondering if I could ask a quick question, I'm in the middle of doing the 3x3, I have also decided to remove the pair valve and solenoid and add a FMF power bomb header and remove baffle out of micron, do i have to do anything different with jets because of the solenoid removal?

I was going to change the paj to 135

So the setup I am going to try -

155 Main jet,

Standard pilot jet

Extended fuel screw

Blue needle on clip 4

135 paj

Do I have to change that atall now I'm removing solenoid and pair valve as well or would you say that is a good starting setup? I'm hoping I'll only have to adjust the needle clip if it's not right but I'll have to see.

Edited by Ralph

Hello again, was wondering if I could ask a quick question, I'm in the middle of doing the 3x3, I have also decided to remove the pair valve and solenoid and add a FMF power bomb header and remove baffle out of micron, do i have to do anything different with jets because of the solenoid removal?

I was going to change the paj to 135

So the setup I am going to try -

155 Main jet,

Standard pilot jet

Extended fuel screw

Blue needle on clip 4

135 paj

Do I have to change that atall now I'm removing solenoid and pair valve as well or would you say that is a good starting setup? I'm hoping I'll only have to adjust the needle clip if it's not right but I'll have to see.

https://thumpertalk.com/index.php?/topic/316850-The-Master-3x3-Post maybe this will help you