Sign in to follow this  

Move your axle back

1 link added.

Two master links.

Now you can feet up slide and control your oversteer without effort.

Yes, turning is a bit slower, and understeer is now possible, but the oversteer is now predictable and managable at any speed.

Much easier to control cross-rutting and soft downhills.

430RR-RE

Fork height stock

Sag 25/105-110

13/48 stock gearing

Works for me. 

Edited by KRANNIE
  • Like 1

I fought over steering for a better part of the summer, especially in sandy corners. I changed springs, oil, sag, fork height, and clicker settings. Wonder if this would have helped me?

But that added length makes it harder to loft the front, right?  Definitely how it works in mountain bikes.  

But that added length makes it harder to loft the front, right?  Definitely how it works in mountain bikes.  

Well, I'm sure that it does....but on my little test ride I was so enamoured of the feet-up slide control, that I didn't even think about it....

I never had a problem with oversteer on my 300re with stock fork height and 105mm sag. Although my local trails favor a quick turning bike except for the rocky sections. I'm still amazed how well this bike can turn without sacrificing much stability. My Beta puts the front wheel wherever you want it, my yz295 pushes to the outside of the turn, and my 300xc never got to the turn 'cuz a rock knocked you off the trail entirely.

• Like 1

I'm 100 mm sag, KYB forks raised 1 line, axel forward past center, and like how it cuts. No stability issues either. 110mm sag is a chopper. I can't imagine it turning well enough for me like that.

Gerneraly yes for most riding conditions. Ice is an exception.

Looking at your set-up (pics of the sky-scraper saddle) it seems like your body size may be influencing how the bike handles, beyond what shorter guys may experience.

Can you share some height and weight specs, and whether or not you primarily sit or stand?

"Sag 25/105-110" Lots of loaded sag and 25mm static ???? You sure the spring you selected is the correct  one ? 

MM 

Can't check it with accuracy by myself so it has to wait.

Yes, the spring is slightly too soft for me, on purpose.

Man, this bike is EASY to ride!

Did 10 more laps on the 'track' and it's just not hard...!