Sign in to follow this  

Applying graphics with OCD.......

WOW!!!!!! It's my first time applying a full graphic kit and I can tell you when you have OCD it's a nightmare lol. I have only one number plate done and I am soaked.

• Like 2

wait til you get to the muffler side, should be "fun"

• Like 2

Ya I have a hard time putting on a sticker 🙂

I only have my rad shroud's done. I paid my local shop guy I bought the decals from to do them for me cus I know my limitations.

To the OP - post up some pics when your done

Well no heat other then what my body is producing lol but yes very slow, I have the 2 side number plates done now I am super scared of the rad shrouds lol

My 14 SH 500af based on the CRF 250 was the worst for side plate decals, I am pretty good at it, but the right side was really tough. The bend was unlike I have ever dealt with before.

Edited by DEMI

Windex and a great gun out hair dryer. Super easy. Windex the the plastic. Lay the graphic on, get it centered and the with the air bubbles out. Heat it up with the hair dryer or heat gun. Be careful you don't burn the graphic if using a heat gun. Let sit overnight and then heat up again, especially the edges. Done deal and done right. Will last multiple seasons.

• Like 3

Ya I have watched my shop guy do other guys full kits and as always some good advice 👍

Hair dryer or heat gun but low and slow and +1 on the windex.

Then a really sharp one sided razor blade or x-acto knife for slight trimming if needed

We got some different wattage heat guns at my work used mostly for heat shrink tubing but just be careful you don't start melting something..

IMO some really cheap hair dryer's can actually give some lower heat options.

I've got one I'll give away that i used back in 1982 when I still had hair if anyone is interest 🙂

Some of the progress so far ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1453519690.008572.jpg ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1453519753.047687.jpg

I didn't put a pic of the exhaust side cause I didn't feel like moving the bike again in the living room

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1453519713.300637.jpg

• Like 3

Thank you. Because of my OCD I'm not super happy with the left number plate because it could be better centered but oh well I guess for a first time it will do

I don't think OCD = patient unless there is some sort of drug involved 🙂

I wasn't meant toward people who are ocd (although I didn't say it), I was just aiming it to the people who think they can't handle it.
  • Like 1

I wasn't meant toward people who are ocd (although I didn't say it), I was just aiming it to the people who think they can't handle it.

WELL YOU AREN'T BEING VERY CONSIDERATE OF THE OCD PEOPLE ARE YOU

i kid, i kid 😉

• Like 2