Sign in to follow this  

Kawisaki KIPS

So i recently blew up my bike and had to have it rebuilt and everything so i started rebuilding it, got everything done except the KIPS. I CANNOT figure out how to put it back together. Its just the part that goes from the bottom end to the top end that i cannot figure out. I heard that it has to be timed correctly. The rod goes up from the bottom end and from there i dont know how to put it back. I dont know where to put that spring thing. Can any one help PLEASE. Thanks.

So i recently blew up my bike and had to have it rebuilt and everything so i started rebuilding it, got everything done except the KIPS. I CANNOT figure out how to put it back together. Its just the part that goes from the bottom end to the top end that i cannot figure out. I heard that it has to be timed correctly. The rod goes up from the bottom end and from there i dont know how to put it back. I dont know where to put that spring thing. Can any one help PLEASE. Thanks.

Breathe. It will be ok.

What year/make/model?

Here's what I have on me right meow.

I bet you'll find more with a search of thumpertalk.

MK6p9pS.jpg

Edited by SellYour4Stroke

Is this what yours looks like? (If it is) Make sure the retaining bolt (below shaft) is out. In the picture I have the top part loose. It slides over the black shaft that actuates the valve, held in place with a C-clip. It's a little tricky sliding it in. You have to turn it as the shaft is dropping, and it just barely clears the cylinder housing. I turn the loose piece on top clockwise until it stops. Then as I'm lowering it the shaft, gently turn it counterclockwise just as it clears the housing. Hope that helps.

image_zpssk3urt0z.jpeg

• Like 1