Husky Vs KTM

I'm going to buy either the 501s or 500 EXC in the next few weeks. I had a few questions that may help me make my decision. I know the basic differences between the two. Which would you choose and why? Also what is everyone paying? I got a quote of $11.5k out the door for the 2016 Husky here in So Cal (higher than most other places). Does this seem decent? I also got a quote of $10.5k out the door for a 2015 501s. Is there any worthy difference between the 2015 and 2016? Thanks in advance and I may also post in KTM forum.

Paid $11,700 for mine. I personally bought the husky because of the 4CS forks, linkage rear suspension, everybody in California has a KTM so the husky colors are something different, and I love the look of it

That's what I like about the Husky. You see KTM everywhere. I also have two local Husqvarna shops, which helps. How are the 4cs forks? I hear they're good and then others complain about them and say they need to be reworked. Edited by red450

I'm closer to 200 in gear and I'm OK with the stock set up (501S), preload pretty tight.  I was all set to do springs but decided to ride it for a while before changing.  My sag is about 1/2 shorter than it should be but using this bike as a d/s...it's been fine.   There are times when I get a burr up my butt and push it and that's when I know I should upgrade the springs.  Racing...no question, this is sprung too light for me.  If using the normal sag requirements,  using the suggested spring rates isn't the complete thing to consider...think about how you intend to ride the bike as well.  D/S no problem...enduro/racing riding...it needs some work.

Your prices seem high unless "out the door" includes sales tax.  Owning two PDS Austrians and two '15 Husky link/4CS bikes, I can tell you hands down, go for the link suspension.  Everyone's got a preference of course.  and I agree with one of the other responses - think I've been drowning in orange around me for so long. the Husky is a beaut!  

I'm about 200 pounds with gear. I ride mostly mx now, but this bike would be used for mostly offroad and local single track stuff. Probably 85% dirt. I usually get suspension done on my bikes but would like to wait a little while on this one if possible, since I'll be paying more for it than any other bike I've owned and want to do a few other things first (desmog, skid plate, radiator braces and stabilizer). The quote I got includes tax. Thanks for the replies.

Edited by red450

I paid 11,003 for mine out the door in Colorado. I bought it the day the crate came to the shop. I picked the husky for shocks, linkage, and billet triple clamps. I love it. It's the best bike I've been on. I've been riding new kx450s for the last 5 years and am very happy switching to husky. I'm more of a trail guy now so it's hard to compare. I resprung my suspension since I'm 280 with gear. I ride pretty hard so the stock stuff wasn't good for me. I still need to revalve

Edited by braaap970

I'm about 200 pounds with gear. I ride mostly mx now, but this bike would be used for mostly offroad and local single track stuff. Probably 85% dirt. I usually get suspension done on my bikes but would like to wait a little while on this one if possible, since I'll be paying more for it than any other bike I've owned and want to do a few other things first (desmog, skid plate, radiator braces and stabilizer). The quote I got includes tax. Thanks for the replies.

If you are getting the  '16 501S and the springs and valving is close to the same or better than the '15 501S I have, you'll be okay for a while at 200lbs loaded with gear on and doing single track stuff.  I vary between 200-209lbs rider weight and with full gladiator gear on and water pack, small tool pack I'm 223lbs loaded.  I ran the stock springs five times out and it was okay until I started hitting whooped out sections too hard on trails and it started blowing through the stroke, valving was not happy. So, I eventually went to 210b rider springs (shock and forks) and it smoothed out the rear and took out harshness and chatter out of the forks. I just did springs, left valving alone on the first try.  Buy the tool from Slavens for the forks, was easy to swap springs.  Will run this for a while, probably going to revalve later just to see how it does after reading some interesting reports on some great changes just messing with valving alone. 

9500 otd. When I bought my 15 501s. Your choice of course but the plastics

Skid plate is fine, I don't feel the need for a damper in woodsriding...desert I can understand and with the zcerbis 4.1braces aren't need. So youdont need to spend all that cash...unless you've just got a bunch laying around.

9500 otd. When I bought my 15 501s. Your choice of course but the plastics

Skid plate is fine, I don't feel the need for a damper in woodsriding...desert I can understand and with the zcerbis 4.1braces aren't need. So youdont need to spend all that cash...unless you've just got a bunch laying around.

How did you get a 501s for 9500 otd the msrp is 10200

Current at time , oct 2014 for a 15 model!!!

After working at a dealer, you're price isn't possible without being an employee purchase or buying a demo. If what you say is true, it's amazing that husqvarna allows someone to sell their products below map pricing. It always voids the dealership contract with the company at the end of the year when they are audited by the manufacturer