Sign in to follow this  

Rear brake line swingarm guard?

I've seen such mods like this for the chain slider wear on the swingarm. Anyone have any cool ideas for keeping the rear break line off the swingarm?ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1453523809.773375.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1453523835.420667.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1453523871.893109.jpg

whats wrong with the brake line on the swingarm?  I think theres more important things to worry about on the bike...

Yes but those are accounted for. Bottom ends apart waiting for parts currently only because the crank has 100 hrs on it. Just going threw everything and pondering....

Yes but those are accounted for. Bottom ends apart waiting for parts currently only because the crank has 100 hrs on it. Just going threw everything and pondering....

Lizard skins makes all sorts of products that would work without looking out of place. One of their bicycle carbon fiber stick on chain guards would be perfect. Edited by spencersmith89
  • Like 1

whats wrong with the brake line on the swingarm? I think theres more important things to worry about on the bike...

If riding damp gritty conditions then the grove would wear real deep and destroy the swingarm. But 25c worth of clear silicone under the hose inside the clip solves the problem and is invisible too.

If riding damp gritty conditions then the grove would wear real deep and destroy the swingarm. But 25c worth of clear silicone under the hose inside the clip solves the problem and is invisible too.

Brilliant thought sir!!! Lead me to think of a clear hose. Cut a small section out and used inside the clips. Hose is off the swingarm!!!

That would work. But you might get abrasive grit inside the hose rubbing away. What I did worked well because the silicone still allows longways movement.

just lay a strip of teflon tape under there. Id just trade my bike in if it was me. hahaha

just lay a strip of teflon tape under there. Id just trade my bike in if it was me. hahaha

Too ugly and too much work replacing it.

Too ugly and too much work replacing it.

yea probably would not last thru very many washings