Install big bottom end flange on 2016 500exc ?

Should i install this flange from ( bestduelsport )This mod would be along with akrapovic baffle and screen delete.

The 500 has massive bottom end if mapped correctly, then there's really no need to kill your top end, installing a narrow exhaust flange, That includes the hurricane roofing strap in the air box.

I put that air difuser thing in air inlet. So you are saying skip the exhaust flange?

Im saying Don't purchase anything until you fix the mapping, so you don't sacrifice anywhere in the rev range , but me personally, the bike doesn't need more lowend, which is what that unproven stuff is supposed to accomplish.  If anything the bike needs more top end, if I was to get picky.

• Like 2

The dealer told me it was a green sticker bike. So they could not upload Euro map? Wonder if adjusting the tps is all i need ? Im actually taking all the emisions off as we speek ?

There are places where you can remap, the other choice is a manual tuner( like JD). A Tps adjustment does help somewhat with stock map, but a better base map is the best alternative.

For your situation right now , I would try the .64v tps setting, and you can even play with higher settings, but note the throttle quality degrade, once tps get way out of spec. If you'd already geared the bike down, you may not notice.

The tuner was designed to work with stock tps setting, Ive found some benefit up to .625 volts.  Above the .63v range , you'll start having idle degrade issues over time with the tuner. To the point that you'll run out of idle adjustment. So you should stick with the stock .601v to .625v max

The tuner has the capability to eliminate the slow speed glitches and all the lean areas, your basically creating your own fuel map.  Some call it a piggy back tuner, but its really an interface directly to the fuel injector, all ecu signals are gated by this tuner and it allows adjustments in all areas, plus provides an accelerator circuit the stock ecx map is missing.

The tuner enables your bike to run right (mostly), but can also fine tune any optional base maps that you installed,  aftermarket pipes ect.

The newer preprogrammed settings work for stock exc (decorked), I do run a slight modification to those settings.

You'll find there are also people who have altered  base maps, but still use the tuner for adjustment fine tuning purposes.

The good news with exc base map,  settings have been well tested. 

I will say if my tuner ever breaks, I know where to get a new custom Base map, and that will be my direction. Could be better, may not be better, but that's my direction.