Sign in to follow this  

Pennsylvania 8th Annual Spring Adventure Ride, Sat. April 16, 2016

Here we go again. It's about time to get this party started, and staying inside today while the Blizzard rages on, seems like as good a time as any to start it. 

Date: Saturday April 16th 2016

Time: Riders Meeting at 0900

Where: McDonald's / GIANT parking lot, Newport, PA

GPS: 40.492804,-77.113692

What: 150-170 mile Mixed Surface Adventure Loop, consisting of both asphalt and gravel roads, with 2 stream crossings. Gas stops and a Lunch stop are planned into the route. 

Format: Self guided Roll Chart ride. (Pre printed roll charts will be provided free of charge on the morning of the ride. Roll chart holders are highly recommended)

As always, if you have any questions, just ask! So who's IN?

snowman318
RontigerXC

ADVwanaB

RickB1975
Royal Tiger
Bikehigh
jochuma3
jdub
Paebr332
Liktank
LostInPA
NJBill
Racer111v
jms78
tommu56
bootshd

Edited by racer43

This is an Adventure Ride which will be on public roads, so, the law is the law. You, and you alone are responsible for your own bike. I will say that "enduro legal" bikes, meaning headlight, taillight, insurance and registration, are used all the time in dual sport events which also use public roads, but again, I'll leave it up to you.

I know that I also speak for Mike when I say thanks to everyone for all of your continued support of these rides, and also for all of your kind words. We do put a lot of work into them, but we do enjoy doing it, (at least until we get about 93% through the process, and then we start to get a little pissy with each other!lol8.gif).

Just for good measure, we try to pass along a little tiny bit of our frustration, and provide you guys with at least one wrong arrow, and maybe a little bit of sketchy mileage on the roll charts. (we really didn't do that on purpose, but hey, shit happens!)

Once again we were Blessed with beautiful weather, with near 70 degree temps and clear blue skies. The only down side for those who weren't leading your groups, was the dust, since it has been really dry lately. On the positive side though, I'll bet that nobody had to use the detours around the stream, (little trickle), crossings.clear.png

We counted about 72 bikes leaving the GIANT, so we had another large turnout, with a big assortment of different bikes. We had riders from at least six different states, including NH, NY, NJ, DE, Md, Pa, plus, add on the State of Confusion, which is where some of you first time roll chart users may have been from.clear.png We also had one rider all the way from Switzerland, which I think made this our first International Ride.clap.gif

Beantop and his family hosted a bunch of riders for camping and festivities, as well as an after ride supper for anyone whom wanted to show up. Thanks Dan, and pass along another thanks to Bean Mom and Dad too. That was very nice of you all.

Snowman was nice enough to make up some really cool Ride stickers, and had those available in the morning at GIANT. Thank you very much Bob, your effort is appreciated! (do you have any stickers left?)

In conclusion, it was damn good riding, and talking to everyone. We all meant new friends, and had the chance to catch up with some old friends as well. To everyone whom still has a commute home, be safe and enjoy the trip. 

Thanks again, Frank and Mike