Sign in to follow this  

Fox Comp 5 reviews?

I'm looking to but some new boots and I love the looks and price of the new Fox Comp 5's but I'm worried about the durability and function does anyone have any experience with these boots?

I run the comp 5's. Great mid level boot, a bit stiff till they're broken in. Also I found the foot bed too hard so I added a running shoe insole. Buckles have never failed on me

My complaint with Fox Comp5's are that mine lasted less than one season before my kick start lever went through the sole.  When it happened I was tired and not paying attention to where the end of the lever was.  Probably wouldn't have happened if I had my foot covering the lever better but I expected the sole to be tougher than that.  YMMV.

FullSizeRender_zpsxhr4suhp.jpg

I run the comp 5's. Great mid level boot, a bit stiff till they're broken in. Also I found the foot bed too hard so I added a running shoe insole. Buckles have never failed on me

not a mid level boot, they are an entry level boot and essentially junk.

I own a pair and love them theyre the most comfortable pair of riding boots ive owned and theyre not stiff at all to me. Also for that guy that posted a picture with the cut in his pair probably didn't address the full story of what happened cause mine are very durable

I haven't had many boots to compare my comp 5's to but I'm pretty happy with them. Nice and soft if you oil them every now and then. They have seen some abuse over the years with only a lost buckle to show.

My complaint with Fox Comp5's are that mine lasted less than one season before my kick start lever went through the sole.

All of my bikes have the old man button so I've not seen wear like this even with the occasional day of kick starting.

General consensus on RMATV is as I said

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/712/19809/Fox-Racing-Comp-5-Boots-2015

another

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/39912/pr/fox-racing-comp-5-undertow-boots---2015

Edited by Arctic Pride

Good boots for the price. You get what you pay for with those kinds of boots. My brother had a pair as well and my dad currently does and loves his. Last a good while but the only bad thing with them is the lack of plastic and support around the ankles. My buddy was wearing them when he was jumped on and his ankle was broken and looked gross when we pulled the boot off.. I'd like to think that something with more ankle support would have saved him. Boots like sg10s, 11s, sidi, sg12s anything with hinged ankles is better than leather. There are so many X factors with his ankle that I can't say exactly what would have saved him or if even having 600$ boots would have even saved him. But those comp 5s are better than nothing

Over the years i have bought a good bit of Fox made stuff.

And it ALL has broken or tore soon after.

From jerseys, pants, boots, and helmets, it just doesn't last. Two years ago i ordered a helmet for me and a suit for my kid. The pants arrived with a broken buckle (that i sent back for something else) and the visor screw fell out after the first ride, after trying to put a new screw in i found the threads were stripped.

I will never buy another Fox product again.