Sign in to follow this  

1978 KE 250 Gas tank?

Hey all.

I have a friend that recently acquired a 1978 KE 250. Good condition, only issue is it has no tank. Anyone know where I can find one?

Thanks for the suggestion. I did try ebay, amazon, partzilla, and more. All arent stocking anymore. We may resort to an aftermarket if we cant find an original.

is bikeboneyard still in business? Don't be afraid to google salvage yards, etc. May have to wait one out, it is possible that another KE tank will work too. Try this place:

http://www.mrcycleparts.com/?mcp=ps

Edited by DEMI

is bikeboneyard still in business? Don't be afraid to google salvage yards, etc. May have to wait one out, it is possible that another KE tank will work too.

Wow thank you. I never heard of that website before. Its pretty useful. They dont have the exact product but they have some similar that may be compatible. Are you familiar with the KE series yourself?

Wow thank you. I never heard of that website before. Its pretty useful. They dont have the exact product but they have some similar that may be compatible. Are you familiar with the KE series yourself?

you are welcome Sam, yep...had a few of them over the years. Always enjoyed the bikes.

Bent Bike in Lynnwood or Kent WA. OEM-Cycle in Oregon. They're both bike wrecking yards. Try the Clarke or IMS tanks too. 

Is this KE250 red? I think they stopped making them in 1981 or so. 

Edited by shrubitup

Bent Bike in Lynnwood or Kent WA. OEM-Cycle in Oregon. They're both bike wrecking yards. Try the Clarke or IMS tanks too. 

Is this KE250 red? I think they stopped making them in 1981 or so. 

Its green. TY for the suggestion.

The KE250 came in green and red. I have both. Mine are 1977s. I am missing the seat  and motor for the red one. The tank is shot. I am actuallythinking about selling them both. The green one runs but the crank seal needs changing. I lined the tank on it but it only lasted 6 months. It drips now.