Sign in to follow this  

Suzuki PE engine swap!

I was wondering if a PE 250cc engine would fit into a PE 175cc(full floater suspension) frame? I sound like a green horn but I just ask question FIRST!

Nothing wrong with asking first!

In this case ~ no, it's too long and would require cutting and welding ~ a lot (frame and pipe).  Back in the good old days of the PE series, the 175 was it's own design but might possibly fit into a 125 chassis.  The 250 engine shared a mount system closer to the open class bikes.  For example I installed a '81 RM250 engine into a '82 RM465 chassis ~ it bolted right in. 

In all honesty I'd consider finding a bigger piston (hard to find, but they are out there) for the 175, swap the reeds and change the silencer. 

Even better, I've been looking for a PE250 (and I'm in Michigan) ... so what year is it ...?

Edited by zig06

Actually I don't own a PE! Just doing a little research on them along with the Yami IT's! Looking for an older TWO stroke for woods riding and noticed the PE's did't have Full Floater on the 250 PE's, just the 175's! I already have an 86" KDX 200 and XR's and XL's! The 4 strokes are fun but the TWO strokes are lighter and more power! Thank You!