Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Seized R & D flex jet screw

Recommended Posts

Haven't ridden the bike for awhile and decided to give it a bit of a strip down and clean,I have noticed that the flex jet screw is seized and won't move at all,jetting is ok and doesn't need adjusting but this may change eventually so what are my options?

 

Do I have to remove it and replace?

Can I just keep spraying it with WD40 till it lossens up?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You may have to remove the carb and grab the flex jet close to the bowl. You may even have to slide the bowl down the flex jet flex tub so you can get 'purchase' on the brass section.

Use PB Blaster or other real penetrant. WD40 will not do much. WD=Water Dispersant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

would it be seized in the thread in the carby or is it just the flexible tube that seizes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it is just a little tight in the threads.  The flex tube is just a cable with threads on one end.  take it all off, clean and lube.  All will be right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can it be taken off easily with carb on or strictly carb off deal? I installed it with carb off and not keen on taking carb off just for this,getting suspension serviced in the next few months so when rear shock is out is a perfect time to remove carby if needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine will hardly adjust with the cable bent around after a period of time. I just snipped a short piece off the holder bracket so I can pop the knob out to allow the cable to be nearly straight during adjustment.in my case it is more the "memory" in the flex shaft v/s the threads.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ill try letting it fall straight and see what happens,thanks for the tip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After one year I have finally sorted this issue out,needed to re jet carby so perfect time to do all this together,turns out it isn't seized but the cable has been sitting on the starter motor and had melted to the point of not being able to turn,once the carby was off and the cable was straight I removed all the melted section and it unwound easily out of the carby,I replaced it with a new one I have had on the shelf for a year and all is sorted,I put some heat shielding under it to hopefully stop it from melting

 

IMG_2091_zpsvuipwinl.jpg

 

IMG_2115_zpsrnmmqejv.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...