What Sprocket will fit?

Still have the stock 15-tooth engine sprocket? If you do, I'm guessing a 44 or maybe a 45 will be as big as you can go.

At first I was going to say a 47 would fit, but then saw the SM in the thread. I think they only have 110 links, so I agree with what you say......probably be maxed out at the 45 tho.....

At first I was going to say a 47 would fit, but then saw the SM in the thread. I think they only have 110 links, so I agree with what you say......probably be maxed out at the 45 tho.....

What do you think about getting a chain and cutting to 111 links? Right in the middle... Should be able to fit my 41 and 47 right? Or can you not do that?

You can't have an uneven number of links. 

That's what I was wondering, thanks

Why not just go down to a 13 on the front???

I don't want to go lower gearing on the street. If I went 13 front I'd have to swap front sprocket every time I switch to street trim. and back to 13 everytime I go to dirt trim

Seriously. If you're going to the trouble to swap out wheels it takes maybe a couple more mins to swap out chains also. I mean it's unclip, unlink, pull off, put on etc.... if it's money reasons why then save up, otherwise not swapping chains is just out of pure laziness.

I'm pretty sure my chain doesn't have clip. Is the stock one riveted or clipped? If I knew it was clipped I wouldn't have cared. I just don't want to have to pull of the the front sprocket to change chains

I'm pretty sure my chain doesn't have clip. Is the stock one riveted or clipped? If I knew it was clipped I wouldn't have cared. I just don't want to have to pull of the the front sprocket to change chains

It's riveted, but it's recommended to replace sprockets and chain as a set. So get a link style. Edited by BlueHeart
  • Like 1

It's riveted, but it's recommended to replace sprockets and chain as a set. So get a link style.

my sprocket and chain aren't even warn. Don't know how many miles you're supposed to get but I'm at 5400 miles on the stock set and they are still pretty fresh. I don't plan on spending 200 bucks on 2 chains and 100 bucks on two sprockets especially when I'm keeping the 41 tooth in the rear for my street rims
  • Like 1

What's the best for wheelies and such on the street? Still wanting to go speed limit without being maxed out. But would like some more torque

you should probably start your own topic for better response.... If you have supermoto wheels then 44 would probably be ideal. I personally can pull up 3rd gear without a clutch on the stock 41. With my dirt setup I can pull up 3rd with a 39 but struggle a lot. If I knew how to clutch up I could easily pull up 4th on the street
  • Like 1

you should probably start your own topic for better response.... If you have supermoto wheels then 44 would probably be ideal. I personally can pull up 3rd gear without a clutch on the stock 41. With my dirt setup I can pull up 3rd with a 39 but struggle a lot. If I knew how to clutch up I could easily pull up 4th on the street

so your saying you can pull up a wheelie in 3rd on stock sprocket with no clutch on a stock drz400? Edited by 15drz