Sign in to follow this  

CRF 230 - Clutch

So I am replacing the clutch and and am putting the side case back on. When I hook up the cable and squeeze the lever, its all play. What am I doing wrong.

Or is anyone has a service manual, let me call you as I have a few questions. I am fixing this for a kid and their parents have no money 

So I am replacing the clutch and and am putting the side case back on. When I hook up the cable and squeeze the lever, its all play. What am I doing wrong.

Personally, I believe that your at least trying to do your friends a favor, and I commend you for trying, but obviously don't have any idea about what your doing.... Even pros use an OEM factory Honda shop manual for reference....

Were your friends insisting that you attempt the repair before you were able to locate the manual?

Maybe if you were able to post photos of every step of the process, we could attempt to clarify the error?

Worth a try, correct?

Personally, I believe that your at least trying to do your friends a favor, and I commend you for trying, but obviously don't have any idea about what your doing.... Even pros use an OEM factory Honda shop manual for reference....

Were your friends insisting that you attempt the repair before you were able to locate the manual?

Maybe if you were able to post photos of every step of the process, we could attempt to clarify the error?

Worth a try, correct?

OMG nevermind, yes I know what I am doing. Trust me. I am not a Honda person, never have, never will be. No I am not a "pro" but my kids raced MX for 10yrs and worked on Cobra's, to KTM 65, YZ 85,KLX110's, YZ250F, KX250F, NO HONDA.  just asking one simple question.

Yes good point I will take a pic. Its a simple stupid thing that I am missing.

crf1.jpg

This is the INNER side of the clutch cover. As you can see that's the plunger thing that goes in when clutch lever is squeezed.

crf2.jpg

This is when cover is on. You can twist that(where clutch cable attaches to) with you hand. Very little resistance that's only from the spring