Inverted forks on DRZ400E

Please don't ask why I want to do this, it is a valid reason, just a long story  ?

I imagine the DRZ400SM forks will not work.

I am told that the RM200 2001-2005 forks will work with the OEM RM250 triple clamp and the SM lower fork guards

Will this be ok for 90% street use?

Edited by Dramabeats

Define what's considered OK.....

Just get a complete front end and adapt bearings and such. I am assuming you prefer form over function?

Yes, in this case, it is sort of a form thing.

Mostly commuting with some twisties mixed in occasionally

I found a set of triple clamps and forks on Ebay. What else do I need to do?

Edited by Dramabeats

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1453600112.302610.jpg

I have a set off a 2003 RM 250. I forget the exact post but there is some good info on the swap just do a search. I bought a complete setup forks and triples together. I would recommend new bearings ( not needed though). You will need to have heavier springs installed due to the added weight of the DRZ. If you are using the stock headlight I am not 100% sure it will work because the fork tubes are bigger. I hope this helps. Any other questions Just ask I will do my best to help out!

• Like 1

📎ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1453600112.302610.jpg

I have a set off a 2003 RM 250. I forget the exact post but there is some good info on the swap just do a search. I bought a complete setup forks and triples together. I would recommend new bearings ( not needed though). You will need to have heavier springs installed due to the added weight of the DRZ. If you are using the stock headlight I am not 100% sure it will work because the fork tubes are bigger. I hope this helps. Any other questions Just ask I will do my best to help out!

Which headlight are you using? did you order it in yellow?

Thank you I will PM you once I get the front end setup together

Which headlight are you using? did you order it in yellow?

Thank you I will PM you once I get the front end setup together

I am running the KLX 450 headlight. Bought it off eBay. It uses rubber straps but holds very tight and lighting is pretty good ( no worse then stock)IMO. Yeah man feel free to PM me.
  • Like 1

📎ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1453600112.302610.jpg

Fuuuuuuck man! That is the best looking dirt oriented Z i've seen! Major props on the job!

• Like 2

I saw some really nice 04 RM250 forks on Ebay, I made a low offer and the dude accepted  ?

Now I just need clamps, according to this post the 05 triple clamps will work?

Hard to find on ebay, but I did find a 05 RMZ250 tree

According to that post, they are the same fork size and offset

***I recommend you try and find some 2001 - 2003 RM125 forks (Showa 47mm). Or 2004 and up RM125/RM250 (Also Showa 47mm).

Then just buy some 05 RM125/250 clamps. OEM or Aftermarket. (22.5mm offset). This is the easiest setup to get parts for, the 49mm triples are getting harder to come by. ***

Edited by Dramabeats
  • Like 1

Please don't ask why I want to do this, it is a valid reason, just a long story  ?

I imagine the DRZ400SM forks will not work.

I am told that the RM200 2001-2005 forks will work with the OEM RM250 triple clamp and the SM lower fork guards

Will this be ok for 90% street use?

the e/s/sm forks and triples will swap to whichever frame you have, e, s, or sm.

if you were swapping to 17" wheels, and had a front wheel already, i would understand doing it for the simplicity of the braking, but for 21/18 wheels, i dunno. 

• 5 weeks later...