Sign in to follow this  

19" of Snow...Yes Please

Had a little fun in the snow today...first time riding in any kind of snow. The Pirelli XCMH handled it well - for comparison, we couldn't even get my dad's bike up the little hill at the start of my video (he's running the Michelin T63 rear). I can't believe the gigantic difference in these two tires - the T63 may as well have been a road racing slick compared to the XCMH. 

I took the bike up the road and had no problem accelerating (briskly) without losing traction.

The TR8 front worked really well too - my only complaint is it didn't track as well as I would have liked in the deep snow AFTER the first pass through it. In other words, the first pass through the deep, fresh snow was excellent and the tire tracked straight as an arrow; however, the second pass on the same line was sketchy (you can see it in my video; I had to fight to keep the front end straight).

Also - please go easy on me, I'm still a beginner   :lame:

SANY0939.JPG

• Like 6

Nice. At least you can get some riding in !...facepalm...weather.

Edited by Dogger
  • Like 1

Haha, yeah, I haven't let the weather stop me yet. I'm hooked 100% to this whole motorcycle riding thing.

I've been into automotive racing for a long time and really love it - but if I had to pick right now, I might be selling my race cars  :shocked:

• Like 3

Haha, yeah, I haven't let the weather stop me yet. I'm hooked 100% to this whole motorcycle riding thing.

I've been into automotive racing for a long time and really love it - but if I had to pick right now, I might be selling my race cars :shocked:

Different kind of adventure for sure. Both are fun. Keep bike and one best car. Then you can call yourself a dual sport !
  • Like 3

Different kind of adventure for sure. Both are fun. Keep bike and one best car. Then you can call yourself a dual sport !

LOL - well, fortunately, I don't have to choose at this point...I'm not married so I get to have all the fun I want to.

• Like 3

Had a little fun in the snow today...first time riding in any kind of snow. The Pirelli XCMH handled it well - for comparison, we couldn't even get my dad's bike up the little hill at the start of my video (he's running the Michelin T63 rear). I can't believe the gigantic difference in these two tires - the T63 may as well have been a road racing slick compared to the XCMH. 

I took the bike up the road and had no problem accelerating (briskly) without losing traction.

The TR8 front worked really well too - my only complaint is it didn't track as well as I would have liked in the deep snow AFTER the first pass through it. In other words, the first pass through the deep, fresh snow was excellent and the tire tracked straight as an arrow; however, the second pass on the same line was sketchy (you can see it in my video; I had to fight to keep the front end straight).

Also - please go easy on me, I'm still a beginner   :lame:

📎SANY0939.JPG

http

https:/

muM

Hell yah!, Thats what I am talking about, you keep riding is stuff like this, you wont be considered a beginner for long. 

• Like 1

Hell yah!, Thats what I am talking about, you keep riding is stuff like this, you wont be considered a beginner for long. 

That's the plan! Ride hard and often! 

I'm about to go out again today and see if I can make it up the hill in the front yard...should be fun.

• Like 1

That's the plan! Ride hard and often! 

I'm about to go out again today and see if I can make it up the hill in the front yard...should be fun.

Best tip I can give for snow riding, sit back on the seat, pin it in 3rd, and don't be afraid to hit a snow drift, there is a chance you can stick and go over the bars, however, more likely than not, you will pop up onto the snow pack and momentum will keep you going.....for a ways usually. 

• Like 1