Sign in to follow this  

My 92 cr125 keeps fouling plugs

It keeps fouling plugs I have to change it every time I ride I use ngk br9es sparkplug I have high revving most of the time I run 32:1 for gas and oil (use Lucas oil) what to do? And thanks in advance!

Edited by TroyboySonic

Is your plug black and wet? If so,your jetting is out. Take your main jet out ,see what size it is and drop it down to the next size.

Edited by john torrisi

If your jetting was fine before and all of a sudden it starts running rich / fouling plugs, that would point to another problem.

Begin by eliminating easy fixes,

-restrictive/blocked air filter

-low compression, worn or damaged reeds

-float & fuel level too high in carb bowl, inlet needle not sealing

Now for the likely bad news,

On an older engine like that, unless the bottom end as been rebuilt within the last 4-5 years,

you can often suspect the right hand crankshaft seal is worn and gearbox lube is getting

sucked into the crankcase, making your engine run super oil rich.

Has your gearbox oil level also been dropping lately?

To confirm, do a crankcase leakdown test.

Edited by mlatour

Proper air filter care is the most important maintenance chore on a dirtbike.

It's the only thing stopping dirt, sand, debris from getting sucked into your engine.

If you've been riding with a torn filter for a while, there are good chances your cylinder, piston and ring are scratched up,

on a 2-stroke it's even more critical as the air/fuel passes thru the bottom end as well.

Remove the exhaust from the engine and have a peek at the piston/cylinder from the exhaust port.

That may give an indication if anything is severely damaged.  Post some pics as well.

Edited by mlatour
  • Like 1