Sign in to follow this  

Supercross Rhythm sections after 1st turn

Agreed 100%

You know its bad when even Emig said it last heat. Just a bad idea. I called it borderline bloodsport directions last week, but now I really believe it. All we need are some hamster wheels and flaming hoops.

Just put a rule in you can't triple on the first lap... 

This is finally a track where the whoops are tough, and I love right hand starts. So sick of the same old same old each week. 

• Like 2

What is the proposed solution to this problem? I agree it made for a lot more first turn crashes than other races but I don't see many more alternatives. I love the right hand starts and I wish they did more of them.

These guys are Pro's

If they can't hit a rhythm section after a right hand turn they should find another profession

• Like 4

These guys are Pro's

If they can't hit a rhythm section after a right hand turn they should find another profession

Guy in front of you screws up and doesn't jump the double so you can't do it either.  Guy behind you foolishly commits to jumping the double and lands on you.  

They're too bunched together after the first turn, regardless of right or left turn.  

Edited by redrider144
  • Like 1

Guy in front of you screws up and doesn't jump the double so you can't do it either. Guy behind you foolishly commits to jumping the double and lands on you.

They're too bunched together after the first turn, regardless of right or left turn.

Go start a new series. You can call it Sallycross

• Like 4

Good idea, but I believe that Red Bull beat us to it.  I think they call it Straight Rhythm or something like that.   

• Like 3

Naw, I will just wait for mid season when everyone is bitching about too many top riders being injured and the debates on if Dungey get an asterisk on his trophy because of other top riders being out. 8-)

• Like 2

Good idea, but I believe that Red Bull beat us to it. I think they call it Straight Rhythm or something like that.

That is the next evolution of Jumpocross, remove those pesky corners.

Sallycross would have more turns, more rough straights, fewer jumps, like that sport called "motocross."

Edited by Kev_XR
  • Like 1

Need to go. It's too dangerous with that many guys bunched together.

look at the old sx tracks, they were all like this, do you want the same boring 100 yrd straight with 3 jumps, then 90deg corner then 3 more jumps, repeat? This weekend track was great

Naw, I will just wait for mid season when everyone is bitching about too many top riders being injured and the debates on if Dungey get an asterisk on his trophy because of other top riders being out. 8-)

wait a minute rd5 is the best ever, he's way better than bubba.

look at the old sx tracks, they were all like this, do you want the same boring 100 yrd straight with 3 jumps, then 90deg corner then 3 more jumps, repeat? This weekend track was great

The San Diego 1 track was great. Craig and Webb out on a good show at A2, but that was about it for passing.

The section after the first turn needs to favor rider safety, rather than crowd pleasing. Then the track can progress to Jumpocross.

• Like 2