Sign in to follow this  

High Sierra Hydration Packs

I'm looking to buy my first hydration pack and have been looking at the High Sierra offerings. I have narrowed it down to the Longshot and Quickshot. They are essentially the same with the Quickshot being slightly smaller. I have no way of seeing them in person so I need you guy's help. I will being carrying a cellphone, wallet, a few tools, a couple spark plugs, and some water. Anyone have an idea which one will be the perfect size?

I have the High Sierra Propel 70 pack and it has just enough room for the items you mentioned when the bladder is full. However, I do NOT recommend this pack, or any other high sierra hydration packs. The main reason being the bite valve is cheap and starts leaking (constant stream) after only a few uses. I read many reviews on this pack, after i purchased it, and they all complained about the bite valve. I was able to rig a camelbak bite valve on and it hasn't leaked yet. Removing and installing the bladder is also a hastle. The materials have held up well after two years though.

I found that I wanted to be able to store more than 2L of water along with additional gear for longer rides. Now I am searching for a new hydration pack and wishing I bought a better one to begin with. I'm looking at getting the Ogio Dakar 100 Hydration Pack right now over a camelbak. Ogio packs look like they are better suited for dirt bike riders. 

Here is one that you might be interested in: http://www.amazon.com/Ogio-International-Atlas-Hydration-Bladder/dp/B00R7X29MA/ref=pd_sim_sbs_263_3?ie=UTF8&dpID=419gmmyeBPL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR84%2C160_&refRID=07T4B95FXKF80PVC432B

Be sure to do plenty of research. 

Klim has some nice hydration pacs, one of my sons picked up a 3 litre pac for just over $50 and it has an angled bite valve to get in between your face and helmet. Like mentioned before, support the company's that support you your hobby. His doesn't have much room for gear, but they have other models with more storage.

• Like 2

I have the High Sierra Propel 70 pack and it has just enough room for the items you mentioned when the bladder is full. However, I do NOT recommend this pack, or any other high sierra hydration packs. The main reason being the bite valve is cheap and starts leaking (constant stream) after only a few uses. I read many reviews on this pack, after i purchased it, and they all complained about the bite valve. I was able to rig a camelbak bite valve on and it hasn't leaked yet. Removing and installing the bladder is also a hastle. The materials have held up well after two years though.

I found that I wanted to be able to store more than 2L of water along with additional gear for longer rides. Now I am searching for a new hydration pack and wishing I bought a better one to begin with. I'm looking at getting the Ogio Dakar 100 Hydration Pack right now over a camelbak. Ogio packs look like they are better suited for dirt bike riders.

Here is one that you might be interested in: http://www.amazon.com/Ogio-International-Atlas-Hydration-Bladder/dp/B00R7X29MA/ref=pd_sim_sbs_263_3?ie=UTF8&dpID=419gmmyeBPL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR84%2C160_&refRID=07T4B95FXKF80PVC432B

Be sure to do plenty of research.

Have you found anything for or against the ogio? I've seen some good reviews and only one said it had small pockets but still 5*. It says it holds 3 l of water plus I think ~2.5 l of storage, correct? It is at a good price too

The ogio atlas that is referenced above looks nice but I think it may be on the small side. The Dakar also looks good but I can't get a good feel for how big it is.