Sign in to follow this  

Big mini pit bike project--KLX 140L

As my son began to lose interest in riding last year, I made the decision to sell our 125 MX bikes. But I wasn't ready to quit riding, so I decided to purchase another pit bike that I could ride on our old pit bike track when I felt the urge. However, I'm getting old and felt that I'd be too cramped on a KLX 110. So I decided to go with a bigger mini. I looked at the TTR 125L, CRF 150f and the KLX 140L. Each has their advantages and disadvantages. After searching for a while and seeing nothing by roached out, neglected bikes, I contacted a couple friends and asked them to be on the look out for a decent bike. One friend called back and said he knew a guy that had purchased a brand new KLX 140 and KLX 140L for his girlfriend and son as a Christmas present in 2014. However, neither took an interest in bikes and they were just sitting in his shop after just a couple of rides. Long story short, I purchased the 140L. It still has the mold fleshings on the tires and the warning labels! All I've done so far is install a new battery and pull the snorkel out of the airbox, but I plan to upgrade the suspension with some USD forks from a KX and do some minor power upgrades. I'll try to keep this thread updated.

IMG_2443_zpsiomljzmw.jpg

IMG_2437_zpsskgxyfw8.jpg

IMG_2434_zpsd9wzboie.jpg

Keep me posted mate, I bought one of these for my son and he,s getting to the stage where he is going to want more out of it