Sign in to follow this  

where's the 2016 klx 250s?

ok i hope this will be a short thread since i dont interact much with threads, but dont let that turn you away, just yet anyways.

back to the topic, i noticed Kawasaki didnt release the new klx 250 dirt bike or dual sport. i have no idea why personally i was looking forward for the 2016 250s but they never released it here in the usa. do you guys have any idea why? my guess is they might of had bad sales the last few years, or something like being 50  state compliant but i have no proof to back these statements up.

i did look up the bike and found it in Australia using yahoo search but i didnt do a deep search yet. What do you guys think of all this is it really a big deal, would you like to see it at the dealership? i know i would at least...

anyways thanks in advanced ill try to keep up with this.

bad Kawasaki  :naughty:

On the current Canadian Kawasaki Motors website,

when you click on the KLX250S link it shows the 2014 model page.

so even the 2015 model likely wasn't available here.

Compared to it's dual-sport competitors;

the Honda CRF250L which has a more modern / less finicky fuel injected engine, and is perhaps less expensive.

and the Yamaha WR250R which has better suspension for those more interested in off-road performance,

despite being a decent bike according to tests/reviews,

it makes the KLX's technology look and feel dated versus the other brands.

Sounds like Kawasaki decided their offering wasn't competitive (sales wise) and dropped the KLX250S from the north american market.

Edited by mlatour