Sign in to follow this  

Overlaying Restackor graphs

hate to sound like a complete noob lol but how do you overlay Restackor graphs?

It is super easy. 

It is super hard.

The difference is how good you are with excel.  If you are good at excel,  just click on the plotted line, look at where the data set pointer is, go there and copy paste that data into a new sheet, graph it. Change the stack, run the restackor, go back to the raw data,  copy and paste the new data set next to the original one, then put it on the graph. If you're not good at excel you didn't understand the last sentences.

Example.

Ok think I figured it how to overlay it.  But when I do scatter plot the graph isn't as detailed and clear as the Restackor graphs.

JoeT
could you please do a printscreen discription?
i have tha same problem as pavetim. 🙄 :rolleyes: 🙄

nicke

It isn't so hard that it needs those kind of instructions, really don't want to have to upload the pictures. Slow connection right now out of town for work.

click on add a sheet, usually after the last named sheet there is add a sheet button. Click it. There is your new sheet to put data in that won't be adjusted as you change shims, geometries, float, ect.

Go to the graph you want to use make a comparison with. Then either click on the graph data or right click on the graph.  If you click the data you will see something like this in the entry box

=SERIES("Closed Clickers",mv_ReStackor!$I$4:$I$43,mv_ReStackor!$L$4:$L$43,3).  

This is a pointer to where the data is, the x-axis data is in sheet mv_Restackor, column I (eye) row 4 through 43.  The y-axis data is in column L, same rows.

If you right click, choose select data, it will pull up a tab, click the series you want to look at and click edit.  It has the same information but has it listed in boxes as Series; title, x-axis, y-axis.  

1. Go to the sheet, click on the column for the x-axis, copy (right slick or ctrl+c), go to the new sheet click a column and paste (right click or ctrl+V).  You will only need to put the x-axis in once.

2..Then go back to the output sheet, and find the column for the y data, copy it next to the data in the new sheet.

A. Make a graph with the two columns, it should look just like the curve the restackor generated. When putting in a second, third, ect data just click on the graph and drag the y-axis data across the columns  

3,Then go back and make your changes to the stack, run the restackor, load output.  Now the data in the restackor sheets has changed.

do number 2. again, and add it to the graph. each to you repeat step 3. you can repeat step 2 and add it to the graph.