Sign in to follow this  

Is 100 hours too much on 150rb?

Hey everybody. I've recently sold my cr85 and I've been looking for a crf150rb. I found one that's pretty clean and it looks great. I can get the bike for about $2000. The downside is that the bike has 100 hours on it. The guy has only had it for a couple months cause it was too much power for his son so he doesn't know if it's been raced, time of last rebuild, etc. Should I even bother looking at it? Let me know. Don't have too much knowledge on the 150r. Thanks

In my opinion 100 hours isn't much time, given that it has been taken care of. Being that the owner has little knowledge of the bikes mechanical history, I would be careful. That being said, it could be an excellent bike. Take someone with you who is knowledgeable when you go look at it, and make a judgement. Remember, when buying any used bike, be prepared to spend at least another $500 on it. Also it wouldn't hurt to do some research, find what some of the design flaws and common issues were the 150r.

Our last 150r had 132 hours. It was all track time. We never checked the valves. It didn't burn oil. We maintained it very well and had zero problems