Sign in to follow this  

DRZ Aussie 400E major backfiring and stalling problem.

Hi all,

I posted this in another thread but mislabelled it, so I'm redoing it here.

I have recently bought a 2006 Aussie e. Stock as far as I can tell but with a full yosh. I have also added an acerbic tank, frame savers, guards etc. Pic included. Prior to this it has been running great, but with the odd splutter when cold.

I was riding around in the bush, not going hard but there was a lot of little trees on the track and I was jumping over them. I ended up between a few fallen trees that I decided I couldn't get over, so with the bike still running in neutral I lent it over and pivoted it on the stand to go back the way I came.

When I went to accelerate and take off it backfired and died and that is how it has been ever since. It idles ok, but if I add throttle it does these huge backfires, massive fiery backfires, it also mis fires and dies. It doesn't get enough power to even crawl, at the time I was at the top of a big hill and had to coast the whole way down to get recovered in a trailer.

Since that I have replaced the plug, pulled the carby, cleaned it out, blew out all the jets (I figured I had blocked a jet with crap), the carby seems to work ok. I have also checked the vacuum hose from the ce for leaks, tried running it with the air filter out. Nothing seems to make any difference.

Have I missed something? What else could it be?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Keith.

20160109_123213 (1).jpg

20160109_123225 (1).jpg

Edited by KeithyP

I have not, is that an issue that would just happen instantly, as in mid ride?

Keithy , if you have checked the carb and everything is how it should be ( clean , no blocked jets , needle still clipped in place ) Then I would try testing the stator . One symptom of a failing stator is not running under a load . Check out the FAQ section and have a read on how to test it , greg

• Like 2

Thanks Greg,

I have come across that info, and will test today.

Fingers crossed!

Today I replaced the stator and now she runs like a dream!

Cheers,

Keith.

• Like 2