Sign in to follow this  

2011 Kx450f Athena top end kit

Recently installed an Athena top end kit complete with new gaskets and cylinder. Have noticed bottom cylinder gasket to be weeping oil near timing chain tunnel. The gasket supplied is a different material (PTFE maybe) to the stock graphite one removed. Has anyone had a similar issue from gaskets supplied from Athena? Oil ports in the piston supplied had to be de-burred before installing. Top of Cylinder noticed to of had a imperfection in area starting from top edge to approx 5mm deep. Would be great to hear if anyone else has installed this same kit.

I put there 490 kit on my 2013 but could never stop from pushing coolant out of the ratiator. The performance was great but had to take the cylinder off.

Would like to hear if anyone else has experienced the same problem

The base gasket also leaked in the same location as you have described but I thought it was my assembly fault, replaced the gasket and no more problems.

Hey

Thanks for the reply, the kit I installed is standard 96mm bore and 12.5:1 compression. I brought this kit hoping for reliability, other then the oil weep it runs great with no other problems and is strong low to mid. But I guess I will do the same and pull it off and replace with genuine Kawasaki gaskets.