Sign in to follow this  

Think a DRZ can plow through 30" of snow? CABIN FEVER

Depends on what is underneath the snow. If it's pavement that has packed ice and snow, probably not.

• Like 1

Also depends on if it's fluffy powder or wet and sticky. Momentum is your best friend. 👍

• Like 1

Nope. When I first got my bike, I went trail riding. There would be shaded sections in the woods with 8"-1' of snow. It was very tiring trying to walk the pig through to the other side haha. There were times where I would try to plow thorugh 100 yards of the stuff just to see more over the next rise and turn back. It was fun at the time, but I'd wait if I had to do it again.

• Like 1

I got 3 feet here. I don't think so lol. It's supposed to rain on Tuesday so I'm hoping it'll harden up the snow over night and give some traction to plow threw.

Nope. When I first got my bike, I went trail riding. There would be shaded sections in the woods with 8"-1' of snow. It was very tiring trying to walk the pig through to the other side haha. There were times where I would try to plow thorugh 100 yards of the stuff just to see more over the next rise and turn back. It was fun at the time, but I'd wait if I had to do it again.

Yep, me too.....nothing worse than trying to lift that thing out of the snow buried to the axle and all by yourself. Once I came across a guy on his Husky 610 buried about 75yds. off the trail and what a job that was to get him out. He was deeply grateful that I happened to be out at the same time, and even more grateful that I stopped to see what was up.

After stopping to take a picture on some really deep snow, I tried to clutch it out slowly in 2nd gear and she still went straight down.....total no bueno. The snow has to be perfect or forget it......and.......the bad part is the temp is constantly changing during the course of the day. To each his own I guess........if you're with a group it all adds up to great stories over a couple of beers. 😏

• Like 4

I highly doubt it.

I did not even have to try to know that this is the correct answer.

Sorry to let you guys down!

• Like 1

I've done it a few times. The key, like I said earlier is if it's fluffy powder and what's below the snow. The times I've done it were in late October, November when the lake effect snow hits with a vengeance. I'm not talking 20 miles or anything, but running down the driveway and down the road and back. This was before I had a DRZ. I was probably 16 riding my sister's MX80.

• Like 2

I did it yesterday when there was after about foot of snow was on the road in some spots. Mounted my MT21 and D606. It was nerve racking and challenging. Won't do it again, just wasn't worth it. I am surprised I didn't drop it. Through the thick stuff the rear would drift so much it would turn me 90 degrees in the deep stuff. 

Here is the quick ride. Top speed was 25mph lol.

2016-01-23 08.58.27.jpg

Edited by TriumphTriple
  • Like 3

I rode the other day in about a foot too. Unfortunately it was on ice packed pavement. If I didn't have my diesel sitting in the middle of the road after unloading, I would have gone further...after putting gloves and a helmet on.

I did it yesterday when there was after about foot of snow was on the road in some spots. Mounted my MT21 and D606. It was nerve racking and challenging. Won't do it again, just wasn't worth it. I am surprised I didn't drop it. Through the thick stuff the rear would drift so much it would turn me 90 degrees in the deep stuff. 

Here is the quick ride. Top speed was 25mph lol.

I'm guessing if you ever got it over 25 mph those wheels would have felt pretty out of balance!  Nice Garage 👍  👍

My hubby rode mine up the road to the tractor man yesterday in about 11 inches of snow...I was so freakin out about him riding it that I didn't get any video or pics. But it was a good snow for it with no ice at all. It looked like what I imagine riding in about 2 feet of sand would look and feel like LoL

• Like 2

I use to ride a Yamaha MX175 to work 8 miles away in the winter instead of walking. It went good unless the snow was too deep just haul a$$ so the PoPo didn't get me. We also use to go out to the local country store in snow storms. I remember it being so deep one time for traction I needed a friend on the back just to move. The DRZ is too much of a pig. I can't imagine it being very fun.

• Like 2