Sign in to follow this  

Identify mod

One of my 230's, the one still in need of valve guides that I bought and rebuilt, has had several mods. It has a BBR pipe, some other slightly higher bars and I think maybe a rear spring. Did the rear spring on 230's always come yellow? I wonder since this one is red then it may be the Fox Podium X???

My 230 came stock with a black spring. Took it to john hlebo, and he put on a red one. But mine is a 2016 model, not sure if all the years came black like mine.

Edited by Jestone

According to this link, the 230's come stock with a Showa shock...... but they are all yellow. Just wondering why mine is red? Is it an upgrade, or just another color

http://www.motorera.com/honda/h0230/crf230.htm

BBR shock springs are red and required if you get over the 200-pound mark.  My 2009 came with a silver shock spring.

Edited by VortecCPI

BBR shock springs are red and required if you get over the 200-pound mark.  My 2009 came with a silver shock spring.

The inner portion has Showa written on it with a red spring. Is it possible that only the spring was replaced. This suspension is clearly stronger than my other 230. So I tried to mic the spring, but could not get in there. So I resorted to openended wrenches. The red spring is thicker. A 1/2 wrench will fit the stock yellow but not come close on the red