Sign in to follow this  

2004 crf250x worth

A clean 04 in the U.k could fetch 1200 -1800 depending on many factors .. If the valves have been shimmed or changed is your biggest issue if they have been shimmed then a re-shim may well be soon followed by a valve job ,nothing to be scared of but could be pricey ..good bikes, valves on the 04's being a weakness but once sorted good to go for many hours as long as servicing is followed .. I would say if your green laneing and just fun riding great bike if you want to compete at a good level the bike may need a few upgrades pipe etc but overall a very will do it all bike ..Check out the guys servicing clean filter etc

I paid $2500CAD for an 07 crf250X in the fall, stock with good rubber. He was asking 2900.

Cheers,

Jon

Thanks guys I forgot to mention that it has less then 20 hrs on new valves. There not Kimble whites just normal steel ones. So the only down side would be the rear tire I suppose. I guess I'll start at 2200obo then

A clean 04 in the U.k could fetch 1200 -1800 depending on many factors .. If the valves have been shimmed or changed is your biggest issue if they have been shimmed then a re-shim may well be soon followed by a valve job ,nothing to be scared of but could be pricey ..good bikes, valves on the 04's being a weakness.

Why do you think that the valve shimming is bad? I have done it several times already I check it every 20 hrs as that is what is recommend for the 250r and as this is basically the same engine. Iv heard about the valve stories but in my honest opinion what do u expect with I high compression enduro bike

I was'nt implying its a bad thing its an issue, surely better for him to have as much information as he can then he can make up his own mind .. I am shimming my own its part and parcel of the bike (4 stroke ) servicing.. my 04 too is on standard seat and valves hence the remark about servicing ...