Sign in to follow this  

RM250 2006 FORK SETUP

HI GUYS  

ANY OF YOU GUYS  HAVE A  GOOD SETUP OR A CLOSE ONE FOR THOSE TWIN CHAMBER FORKS?  

I MEAN OIL LEVEL  AND SHIM STACKS!

IM  160 LBS AND RIDE  MX/ARENACROSS   B CLASS RIDER!!

I JUST BOUGHT THIS BIKE AND  THE SUSPENSION SUCKS RIGHT NOW

THANKS!

Call factory connection up and ask what they recommend. When I bought my 05 rm it was set up for arena cross with some unknown aftermarket Pistons/stack that was super stiff, it handled well in super cross but mostly ride trails so just sent factory connection my suspension for a respring/revalve. They have a ton of experience in the rm 2 stroke department, good luck!

Just had my stock 2006 RM250 forks serviced, changed oil, cleaned, inspected for wear, etc. put them back 100% stock. Love em just that way. 210 lb. desert/cross country.

• Like 1

At 160lbs, you should be good with the stock fork springs (.44). You could probably run .46 springs for arenacross or just up the outer chamber oil volume.

I would service the forks, then ride them & work the clickers.

If you are still not happy, you can better explain to the suspension tuner what you like or don't like & when you change the clickers to help with a certain thing, then this happens or that happens.

If you insist on sending them out, try mx tech (in Illinois). I wouldn't send my pogo stick to factory connection.

Edited by KPRacing

Yeah thanks i feel that the previous owner had it with less than 350cc oil or at least thats what i hope cuz if not something is wrong with them they rebound acts very springy and theyre very soft ima reservice them to stock and see whatsup ill let you know

Send it to factory connection. if you cant afford it at the moment save up and send it to them when you can. They made My suspension amazing, It was trashed before. cost me a pretty penny but well worth it to have dreamy performance. nothing like having suspension properly setup for you.

I've had a couple buddies send bikes to factory connection. One guy sent one bike. The other sent two.

All the bikes had the suspension back for multiple "revalves" in an effort to get things "rite." After 3 attempts & well over $1500 later, (on one bike) the effort was given up by my buddy & he just rode the bike until he sold it.

The other bike was sent back twice & then sold. He said never again to factory connection. He was one of the top "A" riders in my state so he wasn't some squid not knowing what was up.

The guy with one bike is just riding the bike although he is not happy.

If others had good experience, that's great. Just reporting the experience I know of.

Edited by KPRacing

Yah have herd people not getting what they want at factory connection the first go around on certain bikes. Luckily they set me up spot on for what I was wanting the first time. The good thing about it is they guarantee if they don't get it how you want it the first time, they will fix free, no questions asked until you like it.

It's definitely easy for me though as factory connection is right down the road from me here in Oregon.

Have had lots of different revalves, and for me there my go to suspension guy's.

I love the way my rm handles

• Like 1

Factory connection got me setup great, first try. I do know a guy that had to send it back to them twice before he liked it. Not sure but it might be the customer not explaining enough accurate rider info.

• Like 1

The reason I asked is because my 05 has the 07-08 vintage forks on it. I have the stock specs for them. But I've been in mine several times tweaking and tuning. I may be able to help you tune yours to your liking. Save you some loot.

The reason I asked is because my 05 has the 07-08 vintage forks on it. I have the stock specs for them. But I've been in mine several times tweaking and tuning. I may be able to help you tune yours to your liking. Save you some loot.

thanks man i found out my rebound rod seals where blown so there was no oil in the upper chamber... The forks felt horrible

Yah. That was gonna be the next suggest was to check that. They would feel awful for sure. Let us know how it goes when you get it fixed.