Sign in to follow this  

01 650r value?

Thought this seemed a little pricey for a non running motor..... but was looking for a 650r.

2001 Honda XR 650R. Street legal. LED lights, new tires, track tech vapor speedometer, aftermarket fenders plus desert tank, whites brother exhaust header and spark arrestor, And more extras.

This bike has a seized piston.

NOT RUNNING

, sold as is

Bottom dollar price 2400

1453679706617.jpg

People tend to place excess value on bike accessories.

If the repairs were economical they'd already be done.

Edited by hollerhead

I bought my "Non-Plated" 2000 for $2200.

Still had the original tires on it... Front D739FA, and D756 on the rear... they were "Made in Japan" too (the tires).

Mine was slightly abused, crashed a lot and put away wet.

I had to rebuild the rear wheel due to the spoke nipples being rusted to the rim... then when I took the tire off, I noticed the rim was cracked.

It took some cash to get her dialed in, there's a picture of it in "My garage".

I also put an RSW upper triple clamp on it to raise the bars.

Total investment around $3200.

After going through the whole thing, which was time and labor, it's ready to go just about anywhere....reliably...

Edited by MeCH_MaN

A motor will cost you at least $1500 from what I've seen and that puts you at $3700. I've got $3600 in my plated '01 and it's got a TM40 and was completely restored to like new condition except for the motor which ran perfect. That includes a USD fork conversion and a hybrid rear shock amongst other upgrades (bars, lights, stator etc.)

That dudes nuts. There's a couple that have been on advider for a while...could probably get a good price from a reputable forum, though both are in CT I think. Hell I stopped and talked to a guy riding one on Cape Cod and he says he rarely rides it anymore and offered to sell it to me for $2800 with lots of upgrades including an FCR carb. If I had the room for it I would have jumped on it...it was clean and ran great.

Yea, I'm guessing the plated aspect is what he's "grasping for straws" at. It's a necessity here in CA.