Sign in to follow this  

Short muffler yoshimura rs2

Hello i have a drz sm 2012

Rs2 exhaust

Drz e cams

Fcr39mm carb

I Will cut the muffler because it s to long

Did i must cut the inner tube in the bigger or in the smaller section ?

This is interesting. I'd like to do the same to mine on my KLX. I was gonna get the MRD but I have a feeling I may be getting the RS2 as a gift for my DRZ so I'd be interested in making a shorty. Let us know how it turns out and take some pics please.

Do a search.....someone here has already done an amazing job of doing this. They provided pictures of every step, what you have to cut and internally where to cut and weld......sorry, just can't think of who it was, but again, it was an outstanding thread. After all was said and done, he buffed it and it was killer.......... 😏

edit: I'm pretty sure it was OhioYJ

Edited by Signman606
  • Like 1

I don't think it really matters. Not 100% sure tho. I think as long as you shorten the inner tube the same amount as the outer can you should be good.

Do a search.....someone here has already done an amazing job of doing this. They provided pictures of every step, what you have to cut and internally where to cut and weld......sorry, just can't think of who it was, but again, it was an outstanding thread. After all was said and done, he buffed it and it was killer.......... 😏

edit: I'm pretty sure it was OhioYJ

Shorty yosh....  interesting   👍  :devil:

• Like 1

Shorty yosh....  interesting   👍  :devil:

Hey M8....just so you're not wondering......I have not abandoned my TRC, just still looking for an open window of time. Getting close, I moved the kids into their new house and have done all the wood work I promised, now have only one more thing in the way and I'm ON IT!!!!!! Have a welder I've talked to, just need to get the bike over to his place........

• Like 1