Sign in to follow this  

06-07 parts interchange

Wanting to know if parts from a 07 will bolt up to a 06, mainly plastics, exhaust, and suspension.

The plastics will and I looked up the exhaust (header & muffler) and shock and they're the same part numbers. Look on a fiche and verify others.

Yes. 06-08 interchange. Pretty much the same bike with some refinements each model year. Owned an 06 & a fellow racer had an 08 back then so we were able compare the bikes.

Yes. 06-08 interchange. Pretty much the same bike with some refinements each model year. Owned an 06 & a fellow racer had an 08 back then so we were able compare the bikes.

Ok will the motor from a 02 go on a 06 frame?

Not sure, I know the front mount is different after '04. Hopefully, someone who knows will chim in.

Best I can tell the engine block bolts up the same. The mount comes off on the 02 where the mount on the 06 stays on the frame

Best I can tell the engine block bolts up the same. The mount comes off on the 02 where the mount on the 06 stays on the frame

I guess measure the width of the front mount on the 02 and the distance between mounts on the 06 then.

I guess measure the width of the front mount on the 02 and the distance between mounts on the 06 then.

So somehow I ended up with the 07 frame. My buddy got it for $350 with a cracked right side case and inner clutch cover. I worked a trade to swap the engines and stuff around from his 06 to the 07 but he decided to keep his 06 and gave me the 07. My engine off my 02 fit in the 07 like a glove. Motor still turns freely off the 07 any idea what could have caused it to crack the case Edited by Hondajoe27

Ouch! I've seen 500's with that kind of crack from kick back, but no idea on thumpers. Hopefully, someone will chime in.

Motor still turns free and has zero play in the crank. I'm going to tear a little deeper into it and see if I can find anything.

Ouch! I've seen 500's with that kind of crack from kick back, but no idea on thumpers. Hopefully, someone will chime in.

I don't think the bike was a bad deal at $350