Sign in to follow this  

Utah January 24, 2016 Moab area conditions

If anyone is interested, the current riding options in Moab are still fairly limited.  We rode Poison Spider to Gold Spike, and back on Friday and it was great.  Rusty Nail had too much snow on the shaded area.  We also rode Hell's Revenge, Slick Rock, Fins & Things on Saturday.  It was two great days of riding given that it's January, but we got stopped by snowy slickrock twice in the Sand Flats area.  In another week it should be all pretty clear, but I suspect anything with clay and especially trails between Moab and I-70 will probably be muddy for another 2 weeks.  There's still snow on the north faces but it's melting.      

Someone said that Green River got less snow, but I have not verified that.  

Thanks for the info. I'm planning on riding Moab over Valentines weekend so I'm hoping the snow has melted and dried up by then.

If anyone else gets out there in the next few weeks, please give us an update.

Usually by mid February you're good to go.  It should be fine by then.  I'll get back before then and try to post something.  

Riding Saturday if anyone wants to join. Green river/white wash/chimney rocks. Not sure where. Chimney would be awesome but I'm thinking there's still snow. White wash is in decent shape. A lot of snowy trails still. green river is in good shape. Let me know