4t ergos vs 2T ergos

I read that the 390 has ergos/dimensions that are quite spread out, where the footpegs are further back than other brands and also the distance between the pegs and bars are slightly more than other brands (more like a trials bike I suppose). Which sounds great for me as Ive always felt cramped when standing on other bikes

So my question is, are those same ergos applied to the 2T models?

I really like the sound of a larger standing area but am looking at a 300 2T so not sure if they are the similar setup to the 4T's

cheers

All the four strokes share the same frame and ergos

All the two strokes share the same frame and egros

The dimensions for both are very similar.

BETA has an extremley low seat height, and has ergos simlar to the KTM line 2011-2015, but the pegs are not as far back.

Head angle is also not as steep (regardless of what  the on line specs say...)

.....but most importantly with the BETA, you do not have to sit all the way forward on the seat, at all times, like you do on the KTM line, to have a 'sweet spot' of handling and front/rear traction.

Because of that they feel much more roomy, even though they are about the same.

• Like 2

Pre-MY16 4Ts have a higher bar bend than the 2Ts, now its the same bars. The BETA bars don't have much sweep 

I like a flat bar without much sweep as this tends to place my wrists at an angle  (I have very long arms - my reach is greater than my height). Im 6' and don't feel cramped on a BETA 4T, 2T or XT. 

I ride standing 98% of the time and find that the there is a large "sweet spot" on the BETA, I tend to move myself around a lot and find I can be forward, to the side or hanging back and the bikes respond predictably and are very stable. Ive found when I switch bikes with other riders that it takes quite a while to feel comfortable (esp KTM 2Ts) so I can trust the front end, as soon as I jump back on a BETA I simply feel "right at home". 

.....but most importantly with the BETA, you do not have to sit all the way forward on the seat, at all times, like you do on the KTM line, to have a 'sweet spot' of handling and front/rear traction.

I don't exactly agree with this statement - Although I do like the Beta handling vs my 300 XCW.

That said, I can (and still do) jump on my KTM and she's an old friend (closing in on 6K miles), handles great, and I'm not "way forward" on the seat.....

Quite the contrary as I'm a stander, and like to throw her around (ahem) as I do the 300rr, and she is a great handler.

Edited by dyrtmon
  • Like 1

I don't exactly agree with this statement - Although I do like the Beta handling vs my 300 XCW.

That said, I can (and still do) jump on my KTM and she's an old friend (closing in on 6K miles), handles great, and I'm not "way forward" on the seat.....

Quite the contrary as I'm a stander, and like to throw her around (ahem) as I do the 300rr, and she is a great handler.

I also found sitting back farther on our FE250 (white KTM) then MY350rr. I would say the Beta is just as roomy as a KTM/Husqvarna but requires more precise body placement for the level of handling Beta is known for.

• Like 1

On a KTM I needed taller bars and standing from sitting was basically doing a leg press.

Seems a KTM has a higher pegs and in turn causes a greater degree of flexion in the knee.

With the longer rake and Beta for sure has a longer rake by pure feel as well as the decrease in

knee flexion the transition on a Beta is much easier. Then once standing an easier position to ride from.

For the first time since my YZ I am using a standard height bar or I should say I like the stock bars. 

After a while on my 350 I would find a whoop or a water bar to send me from a sitting to a standing position. 

I still see me doing that but at least i will wait to mile 40 now. 

^ I had the same experience. I would let a 'g-up' get me off the seat on my KTM!

I even had low pegs, but the make that worse, as they go back as they go down.

Every conceveable bar/peg/seat combo in the universe was  tried.

Orange BLOWS.....(unless the 2017 XC's  adopt the SX frame, then they won't so very much any more...)

• Like 1

Don't want to get in a pissing contest, but I was comparing apples to apples - 300s from both companies.

We all agree on the Beta's superior handling characteristics, but the KTM does not suck, and as I said one does not have to "sit way back on the seat"

in order to find it's sweet spot.

• Like 1

Don't want to get in a pissing contest, but I was comparing apples to apples - 300s from both companies.

We all agree on the Beta's superior handling characteristics, but the KTM does not suck, and as I said one does not have to "sit way back on the seat"

in order to find it's sweet spot.

Right, that's your experience.

Mine is different, and I believe that KTM's do suck. That is my right, and learned from my experiences.

You cannot argue with an opinion.....I did not argue with yours, so....

Right, that's your experience.

Mine is different, and I believe that KTM's do suck. That is my right, and learned from my experiences.

You cannot argue with an opinion.....I did not argue with yours, so....

Hay Bill, I say right on! And I do hope you'll forgive me as I had zero idea that you knew so much about KTMs  ?

You must understand. Bill is older than us,

he is most likely yelling at some kid to get off his lawn as we type. 

He probably doesn't know which Bill you're referring to. 

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to kick the dog..

• Like 1