Sign in to follow this  

Supercross A2: Webb vs Craig

Now THAT was awesome to watch; good, hard, clean racing.  It was great to see Craig battle Webb like that for the lead.  Craig was probably spent after Webb's final pass, but glad to see him on the podium - the guy is definitely fast and talented.

• Like 10

I thought it was great too. Also liked the fact the Webb didn't have an attitude about it on the podium.

• Like 1

Those lead changes in the corners were fun to watch, almost looked choreographed. I have no idea if this is true, but I want to think that Webb knows exactly what he's doing. I like to think that he choosing to come from behind.

-- Maybe it makes it more interesting for him?

-- Maybe he's interested in bringing us (the fans) a show?

-- Maybe he sharpening his passing skills with each race, getting ready for the 450's?

Edited by Hendricus

Those lead changes in the corners were fun to watch, almost looked choreographed. I have no idea if this is true, but I want to think that Webb knows exactly what he's doing. I like to think that he choosing to come from behind.

-- Maybe it makes it more interesting for him?

-- Maybe he's interested in bringing us (the fans) a show?

-- Maybe he sharpening his passing skills with each race, getting ready for the 450's?

Maybe he just isn't getting great starts and is faster than everyone else out there....

• Like 10

I thought it was great too. Also liked the fact the Webb didn't have an attitude about it on the podium.

Agreed!  Before the interview, I said to my son, "If Webb has an attitude about racing Craig, I'm going to be really disappointed in him".  It was good to hear him say it was fun and clean.

That was two guys that knew how to pass.  Webb was clearly faster, but every time he made an attempt to pass in the corner Craig had an answer to get back by.  I think Webb finally just wore him down a bit.  Great racing for sure!

• Like 3

Maybe he just isn't getting great starts and is faster than everyone else out there....

Nope, way too straightforward.  There must be a very complicated conspiracy behind this. 

Nope, way too straightforward.  There must be a very complicated conspiracy behind this. 

Does Coop get bad starts in all his heat races too?

Another theory would be if you are likely get caught in the mayhem of the start, be a notch more cautious, don't worry about, and go to work passing once the crowds thin out.

Dungey on the other hand, can get good starts most of the time, AND he can pick off guys one by one coming from behind.

Was happy as hang for Craig. I think if he can get his endurance and stamina up, he'd be the best thing happening to the 250's.

Webb is just in his window of time and is making his statement.

.....and def glad Webb enjoyed it and didn't say stupid, especially after flipping someone off in practice.

Glad to see both of them what they did that night!! Props to "dad" Craig for running hard with the young groms and some integrity to go with it.

Was exciting to watch......looking forward to more of this stuff.

• Like 1

I don't know exactly why but this made me laugh out loud.  Good form.

• Like 1

I have not followed Craig much, but hearing him on the podium and with his kid it's pretty hard not to like the guy.  He is obviously very solid after taking a year or two off.

It was great clean racing and Webb knew he had him covered.  I love Christian but he doesn't have anything for Webb.  It's great to see him on the box though

It was great clean racing and Webb knew he had him covered. I love Christian but he doesn't have anything for Webb. It's great to see him on the box though

not yet but if he gets in better shape he may. When he was fresh he was faster on several parts of the track, namely the whoops.

not yet but if he gets in better shape he may. When he was fresh he was faster on several parts of the track, namely the whoops.

he's a gamer.  and a good dude too.  I'm buddies with one of his first mechanics at TLD.  He has nothing but good things to say about him