Sign in to follow this  

2014 ktm sxf 350 lighting

Building/ plating a 2014 ktm sxf 350 for enduro racing. Has anyone done a lighting kit yet, seems the 2013 is a little different and was wondering if anyone knows cross parts with other models or ideas for doing so. Ive wired up quite a few kits, just nothing on a FI bike

Edited by crazytrain207

Worked it all out. Trail tech makes a 70 watt stator that works with their x2 headlight. Gonna throw a universal tusk lighting kit with the trail tech striker dash so i can monitor voltage, coolant temp, speed, distance and hours. Gonna wire it all up and see what happens

Worked it all out. Trail tech makes a 70 watt stator that works with their x2 headlight. Gonna throw a universal tusk lighting kit with the trail tech striker dash so i can monitor voltage, coolant temp, speed, distance and hours. Gonna wire it all up and see what happens

I would love to hear an update of how it worked out when finished. I'm buying a 2015 350sxf and I'd like to do almost the same project. I'm in NJ as well, mostly ride mx but I would like to set up an easy to remove light kit on my bike in order to trail ride legally on occasion. I will buy the stator if necessary but I basically need the head light for show. I will only turn it on if I'm questioned if it works. I was looking at a kit from Sicass but I will look at the tusk kit now as well.

Im still in the process of waiting for engine parts, so I started doing all the chassis mods while i wait. I have installed many baja design kits, but I'm really happy how the trail tech and tusk combo is turning out. the high output stator is a must for proper function. All the plugs are the same and it mounts right up, same plugs and everything. The x2 headlight fits like a glove into the front fender and looks really cool. The tusk kit is awesome. they have a whole remade harness and everything plugs right in. All that you have to do is hook up to the battery. Its an all led kit, so there is minimal draw and the headlight is designed to work with the stator. I went one step more and put a trail tech striker on, and it fit into my fast flex bars almost perfectly with a little modification to the mounts. Ill post some pics once the motor is all complete

• Like 1

Sicass offers an oem KTM headlight with a tail light plate holder. I would like to find a very low watt bulb to replace the 40watt bulb it comes with. The x2 is nice and if I need the stator anyway why not get all the products from same mfg. Did you need the regulator rectifier too with this setup? I wasn't going to instal turn signals since I'm not required to. I like that striker and might get that as well. I look forward to seeing how yours turns out.

Edited by SeanM327

On 2/21/2016 at 12:30 PM, crazytrain207 said:

Im still in the process of waiting for engine parts, so I started doing all the chassis mods while i wait. I have installed many baja design kits, but I'm really happy how the trail tech and tusk combo is turning out. the high output stator is a must for proper function. All the plugs are the same and it mounts right up, same plugs and everything. The x2 headlight fits like a glove into the front fender and looks really cool. The tusk kit is awesome. they have a whole remade harness and everything plugs right in. All that you have to do is hook up to the battery. Its an all led kit, so there is minimal draw and the headlight is designed to work with the stator. I went one step more and put a trail tech striker on, and it fit into my fast flex bars almost perfectly with a little modification to the mounts. Ill post some pics once the motor is all complete

This is awesome. 

as I also have a 2014 350SXF i think I would like to do this as well.

do you have any links to your parts that I could use to purchase? 

On 10/30/2018 at 11:48 AM, SeanM327 said:

Here’s my 350sxf kitted for enduro. 

3A80AC8B-7C3E-4508-BFBF-95A4DC60ECA3.jpeg

B334CCEF-00C0-44B7-8F4D-AC190F2B1841.jpeg

4C4CBEBC-30DF-4DB3-A085-78C695024D6A.jpeg

OH MAN THATS GREAT!!!!!!

Lemme do a little research and I may take you up on that. 

How did you find out the stock stator could handle the head and tail lights? 

Also, which kit did you go with? and how did you get your bike plated???

I have an original MSO but I dont think it will allow me to get it plated. 

Edited by vtwinjunkie

http://sicassracing.com/store/products/lighting_kits/ktm/2014-15_ktm_sxf_xcf_lighting_kit

This is the kit I bought and I opted for the oem style headlight. Turn signals are not required on motorcycles in NJ. VA might be different. Then I went with the trail tech striker for the speedo but I don’t really bother putting it on anymore. Ive had to resplice the connections a couple times. I bought the stator one cheap mirror and a trail tech kickstand. I also bought a key switch kit for an exc model and put that on too. I installed everything but the stator and rode it several times with no battery problems so I never installed it  if you’re going to run a fan it should probably be done.

I bought the new from PA and they were able to title it as a motorcycle. 

• Like 2

I have a fan, and the 70W stator.  the 70W X2 headlight should be here today.  ?  i guess I better watch the voltage like a hawk!  I already researched LED replacements (AdvMonster.com) for the X2.  that's another $150.  meh.  but only like 35 watts for the headlights in that case.

19 hours ago, Kallendbor said:

I have a fan, and the 70W stator.  the 70W X2 headlight should be here today.  ?  i guess I better watch the voltage like a hawk!  I already researched LED replacements (AdvMonster.com) for the X2.  that's another $150.  meh.  but only like 35 watts for the headlights in that case.

which fan did you go with? 

which fan did you go with? 

I didn’t go with anything. The po installed it. I believe it to be a trailtech since it looks like theirs, but it has no branding that I can see.

http://sicassracing.com/store/products/lighting_kits/ktm/2014-15_ktm_sxf_xcf_lighting_kit
This is the kit I bought and I opted for the oem style headlight. Turn signals are not required on motorcycles in NJ. VA might be different. Then I went with the trail tech striker for the speedo but I don’t really bother putting it on anymore. Ive had to resplice the connections a couple times. I bought the stator one cheap mirror and a trail tech kickstand. I also bought a key switch kit for an exc model and put that on too. I installed everything but the stator and rode it several times with no battery problems so I never installed it  if you’re going to run a fan it should probably be done.
I bought the new from PA and they were able to title it as a motorcycle. 

Do you know what headlights I could run on mine without a stator upgrade? I’d like to get a Baja designs squadron sport or something like that

I don’t know what you can and can’t run. You can call them up maybe they can tell you. The oem headlight has a feature where you can unplug the lamp and then only the little 5watt running lamp stays on so you can ride legally. I have left the regular lamp plugged in and didn’t have issues. I think that’s only 35 watts. 

I don’t know what you can and can’t run. You can call them up maybe they can tell you. The oem headlight has a feature where you can unplug the lamp and then only the little 5watt running lamp stays on so you can ride legally. I have left the regular lamp plugged in and didn’t have issues. I think that’s only 35 watts. 

What would you suggest?