Sign in to follow this  

Bent Rim Question

Just bought a 05 KTM 450 and both rims are bent. Can I replace just the OUTER rim with another dirt bike's rim as long as it's the same size? I have several YZ450F's to chose from. Will there be a difference in where the spokes connect?

I searched and could only find info on hub differences.

Depends.

Spoke count and number of crosses (affects angle the dimples and holes drilled in the rims)

Some rims are different diameters due to center section well depth. That might require spokes of a different length

• Like 2

Depends.

Spoke count and number of crosses (affects angle the dimples and holes drilled in the rims)

Some rims are different diameters due to center section well depth. That might require spokes of a different length

Ugh. I don't want to spend a couple hundred bucks on rims if I have some that will work but I'd really hate to take a couple apart only to find out that they aren't gonna work.....  Looks like I'll be getting some new ones.. But first I'll see how bad they shake. I'm pretty sure they're not gonna work above 70mph. And I was told this bike's should do 100.... It's a 450EXC

Depends.

I wish my name were Billy, and my screen name could be William2!!

Just bought a 05 KTM 450 and both rims are bent. Can I replace just the OUTER rim with another dirt bike's rim as long as it's the same size? I have several YZ450F's to chose from. Will there be a difference in where the spokes connect?

I searched and could only find info on hub differences.

Keep it stock, go to your dealer and find a rim, some after market companies sell em for just that same model.

• Like 1

Keep it stock, go to your dealer and find a rim, some after market companies sell em for just that same model.

Thanks Guys. I'm leaning more towards new rims that I KNOW will fit! And I can get them in the color that I want and not have to powder coat some used ones....

• Like 1