Sign in to follow this  

CR125 VS CR250

Thinking of getting one of these, i am coming off a 300lbs 4 stroke and am completly over the weight of it

Any past experiences with these bikes? 

Would be using them for open fire trails and super technical rutted out hills :ride:

My 01 cr250 is the best bike i've ever had. Tonnnns of power and super light with the aluminum frame. Verryyy fast and reliable and cheap to fix. I recommend it

• Like 1

Get the cr250. 2000 and above. I have a 2003 cr250r and people have said that the 2002 and up are 'less powerful than the 2001's but I can't relate because mine rips And puts a smile on my face.

My 01 cr250 is the best bike i've ever had. Tonnnns of power and super light with the aluminum frame. Verryyy fast and

Went from a 450X to a tricked out Berg FE350 and then caught the "smoker bug". I now ride a 01 motored 02 framed CR 265/Gorr/Mo Betta port/RD head and have not been happier. Only downside is I wish It had a six speed on some rare occasions when the course includes technical crawling and wide open terrain. I also put together an 02 CR125/134 with same motor setup for my son. It's nice for a 125 but if you are coming off a mid size or larger 4 stroke, you will be less then enthused about the bottom end torque of the 125 based bike. The weight of the 125 feels like a mountain bike though! 

Went from a 450X to a tricked out Berg FE350 and then caught the "smoker bug". I now ride a 01 motored 02 framed CR 265/Gorr/Mo Betta port/RD head and have not been happier. Only downside is I wish It had a six speed on some rare occasions when the course includes technical crawling and wide open terrain. I also put together an 02 CR125/134 with same motor setup for my son. It's nice for a 125 but if you are coming off a mid size or larger 4 stroke, you will be less then enthused about the bottom end torque of the 125 based bike. The weight of the 125 feels like a mountain bike though! 

How would the 125 stack up against say a ktm200exc??

Buy a cr-250, bottom line, You will be happy you did!📎251b6592359b0037c02429f0433ccc5d.jpg📎honda-cr-250-1989-195222.jpgyou in the outback, plenty of room buy a cr-500!

The cr500 is the pinnacle of the 2-stroke world as far as I am concerned and it will be part of my stable eventuAlly. If you can find one that isn't crashed to poop then go for it. As far as a 125 I really don't think you will be happy long term with it. Go cr250.

• Like 2

CR250 is has more than enough power.  I weigh 260..so I am a fat guy, and the 250 is still more powerful than I can use completely.  Don't get me wrong, I love the power but this bike can get away from you if you are not accustomed to the power of a 250 two stroke.  I love mine and I would never get rid of it and I am always hoping that I will learn to use it more each time I ride it.  

My son has a CR125 and it has plenty of power too (even for my fat ass).  So If your not too heavy and your not going after BIG AIR and DOUBLES, don't be afraid to get a 125.  I use my sons 125 and it has enough power for me to to get big air on jumps  and I am more comfortable with the power on his bike than on mine.  Honestly sometimes my 250 scares the hell out of me.  So if your after LOTS of POWER, go for the 250....and remember to save a little for extra rear tires.  If you don't need tons of power, the 125 will go fast enough for almost anyone.  Do not underestimate the 125.  My son runs his 125 with the 250 four strokers.  Its a great bike.  

Hell if money is not an issue....and you can find them...Buy Both ! then you don't have to decide.

• Like 1