Sign in to follow this  

1999 RMX 250 Purchase in 12 HRS?

Hi guys,

I'm looking at purchasing a 99 RMX 250 off an auction site here in NZ. The auction closes in about 12 hrs so I just want some peoples opinions on the bikes in general. 

This bike is currently sitting at approx 550 NZD as it is apparently hard to start but runs well once going. Any thoughts on why that would be? Apparently it floods so my guess would be carby needs cleaned and adjusted. The seller states it has been ridden 3 times in the last two years but has never had the top end apart.

Just trying to figure if it will be worth buying as I will have to travel about 5 hrs each way to pick up also.

RMX.jpg

Would love to know your thoughts on the model of bike in general. I currently have a 92 YZ250 I have rebuilt and was thinking the RMX being 7 years newer would be a good upgrade.

Cheers,

Kiwi.

Buy it. I don't think it's a 99 though. I know outside of America that they were different, but that that still looks like an early 90s to me. Get the VIN and double check. Where is it and where are you?

From the looks of the water pump cover, it's a '89 not a '99

I tried getting the vin # from the seller last night to verify age but he wouldn't answer. It sold for more than I was prepared to pay anyway went for approx 1100 NZD.

Too much for a beat '89.

I've got a buddy in Auckland that might want to sell you his American '99 Husqvarna WR250, just would have to pay shipping from Boise, ID.

Cheers for the offer but i'm just keeping my eyes open for fixer uppers at the mo. I'm not looking to spend big money. I have my old girl for trail rides and playing round which keeps me happy enough.

• Like 1