Sign in to follow this  

2001 CR500 suspension

Go Race Tech Gold Valves and probably stiffer fork springs. I did with my 00, learned a lot and fun to work on the suspension.

• Like 1

I have Huck Valves on my 14 SH, awesome for sure, but all things considered, I would go RT for the 01. Not sure if the Huck is available for the O1.

Thanks for the advice, I plan on getting some racetech valving and stiffer springs front/rear

Any thoughts on hard anodizing the shock body?

Also where are the cheapest racetech parts available?

Do they make sfk seals for the 01 500

Hard ano works, but.... for regular folks, it is more bling than anything else. Not totally sure on the SKF, but if they have 46mm seals, then they should work. If in doubt, get the seal measurements from the 500. I don't have them handy at the moment.

revalving and springs are necessary to see a good improvement, as far as hard anodizing the shock body i am posivite about this as it really reduces internal friction over the bare cast body (see front forks, all USD are anodized) and the durability of the piston ring & shock, so the shock works smoother. major suspension manufacturers hard anodize their racing series products for this particular reason, this results to lower operating temperatures which helps in racing conditions the shock operation. even the clutch baskets are hard anodized for this reason, so if you want to go serious about suspension then go for it!

personally my shock body bore has worned out over the years (along with the ring and oring) so if it was anodized it would not have happened. if the anodize starts to wore out you could always re anodize it and have a nice and original smooth bore for the piston ring to seal.

thing is, after doing all these you have to experiment a lot to to properly set it up! 🙂

• Like 1