Sign in to follow this  

Should I buy it?

So i'm debating on buying a 1998 CR250, id really just like to clean it up, do a few services and flip it to be honest.

So its 1000 

look at the pictures and tell me what you think. Its got a fresh rebuild with only 10 hours, but its got a cracked gas tank.

0111161729.jpg

0111161729a.jpg

0111161730.jpg

0111161730a.jpg

I would agree. There really is no profit in these older ones. I have a 99 cr125 and it isn't worth selling as is, and fixing it up would cost way more than any eventual resale.

$1000 + title transfer $100ish? + gas tank + anything else that turns out to be shot, + new fluids + your time.. probably 1600 by the end for a $1,400 bike

• Like 1

expect something wrong it looks fishy not the bike the bike looks to good for 1000 theres something wrong.

So i'm debating on buying a 1998 CR250, id really just like to clean it up, do a few services and flip it to be honest.

So its 1000 

look at the pictures and tell me what you think. Its got a fresh rebuild with only 10 hours, but its got a cracked gas tank.

I tried to flip a 98, damn near broke my neck, that's a nice bike, check it out close, if its all good buy it
  • Like 1

Looks like the subframe is bent too.

Not to mention that the 97, 98 cr250 frame are probably the least desirable years. You could part the motor, but not much meat on the bone for a flip.

If it was 93-96, you would have a much better chance flipping it. No one really wants the first gen aluminum frames. Just my 2 cents

Also have to think about small stuff....cables, all the bearings, throttle tube if its cracked, bars bent, grips, etc....it all adds up. Flipping dirt bikes is hard, it can be done, but is very hard to do.

• Like 1